Pilairo!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
the_nap_ster

Pilairo!

Post by the_nap_ster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:50 am

So I bought a Pilairo.

Update: my review is on the second page of this thread.

Last edited by the_nap_ster on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bert_Mathews

Re: Pilairo!

Post by Bert_Mathews » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 am

VERY interested in this mask - -- My LOVE Mask is the Twilight AEIOMED <but> it's no-longer made?
Finding a REPLACEMENT would be very helpful.Image

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

Suzjohnson

Post by Suzjohnson » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 am

Oh napster, I am so eager to hear your response to this mask! I love the Aloha but, like you say, always room for improvement.

Suz

"We are what we repeatedly do, so excellence is not an act but a habit". ~ Aristotle

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:08 am

I like my Swift FX nasal pillows but can't say I LOVE them... I'm interested to hear your review.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Kitatonic

Post by Kitatonic » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:57 pm

The Pilairo advertises that the pillows will fit irregular sized nostrils. It will be interesting if this does occur. Finally after months, my Swift FX does not irritate my smaller left nostril as long as I use Lansinoh. A few months ago, I was considering surgery to widen the left nostril.

yulcdn

Post by yulcdn » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Napster,
I ordered one yesterday and it has already shipped. I was going to order the Sleepweaver Elan which you already have so I will most interested in hearing your comparison of the two. Since I was able to order with a free 30 money back guarantee, I decided to order the very new Pilairo. I hope that it works well for both of us. My pressure is set to 15.

TiredTooLong

Post by TiredTooLong » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 am

I just ordered the pilairo. This will only be my second mask.

Suzjohnson

Post by Suzjohnson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 am

I confess I ordered one yesterday. At least if it's awful, it can be returned without having had to purchase return insurance. I haven't seen anything about replacement pillows or headgear yet so hope they won't be too long in arriving.

Suz

"We are what we repeatedly do, so excellence is not an act but a habit". ~ Aristotle

the_nap_ster

Post by the_nap_ster » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Suzjohnson wrote:I confess I ordered one yesterday. At least if it's awful, it can be returned without having had to purchase return insurance. I haven't seen anything about replacement pillows or headgear yet so hope they won't be too long in arriving.

Suz
Good for you! Can't hurt to try it, right?

And I know what you mean about the replacement parts! I'd like to see prices on those, at the very least.

CPAP.com sent me a note saying the Pilairo is back-ordered until 7/17. Argh! So it looks like it won't ship out until Tuesday, and be in my eager little hands on Wed. I am trying (and failing) to wait patiently!

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Got my Pilairo yesterday, but not sure it's gonna be a keeper.

Feels to me like the pillows protrude into my nostrils further than other pillows (my reference mask is my Swift LT For Her, with large pillows), which doesn't feel good to me. There is no adjustment for the headstrap (supposed to self adjust), but it feels a bit loose to me. And I think it's noisier than the Swift Lt, which is another deal-breaker.

Granted, I only tried it for a nap, not at night, but if it bothered me for that short time, then I'm thinking it's going to be more of a problem, not less, for a night.

I feel like I'm extremely picky about masks, but so far, I've tried half a dozen, and keep going back to the Swift LT for Her.

Hopefully, other peoples' mileage will vary, and it will be a wonderful mask for many.

Debbie

Suzjohnson

Post by Suzjohnson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Debbie! Are you going to try wearing it over night? Truth be told, I've been a little skeptical about this self-adjusting headband thing and was thinking that seeing as how I need to wear a chinstrap anyhow, it might be more stable if I put it under the chinstrap. Time will tell. I haven't gotten a note from the supplier about a delay in shipment as napster has but haven't gotten a shipment notification either so we'll see what the morning brings. Keep us posted!

Suz

TiredTooLong

Post by TiredTooLong » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 pm

I noticed on my order there was a backorder and no shipment until the 17th as well.

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Kitatonic wrote:The Pilairo advertises that the pillows will fit irregular sized nostrils. It will be interesting if this does occur. Finally after months, my Swift FX does not irritate my smaller left nostril as long as I use Lansinoh. A few months ago, I was considering surgery to widen the left nostril.
I looked at the pics at cpap.com... Not sure how this is different from other nasal pillow masks. I couldn't use the Swift LT because my nares are too long and skinny. Do you think this mask could really be an option? What the heck is a self adjusting headgear???

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am

jen4700 wrote: What the heck is a self adjusting headgear???
Fancy words for "one size fits all"

I recently had a chance to see a Pilairo on a mannequin but didn't think to look at the actual nasal pillows. I was shopping for the long hose on a trip to Vegas and had forgot to pack mine. Wish I had looked at it more closely. It peaks my interest a bit.
I will be going over to my DME in a few days and if he has one I will look at it more closely.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Just called cpap.com to see if the Pilairos came in today and they didn't, she said hopefully tomorrow.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV