42 days on CPAP and feeling great!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TiredTooLong

42 days on CPAP and feeling great!

Post by TiredTooLong » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

I started on my CPAP on July 2. I've used it every day except one since at an average of 8 hours a day. The only day I didn't use it I was spending the night at a Relay for Life event. I am really starting to feel great.
  • No more morning headaches
    Went from going to pee 3-6 times a night to once a night and a couple of nights none.
    No naps this last weekend (used to be sleeping two-two hour naps on Saturdays)
    Not tired driving.
    More energy
I started with the Gel Nasal Mask (small - but probably should have been XS). I traded it in for the new Pilairo. After a few days with sore in my nostrils, I'm now used to this mask with little or no pain in the morning. Last night I forgot I even had it on. Turned over several times without waking to adjust the hose.

Going to be able to live with this. Still more improvement to go but have come a long way.

I just want to thank everyone on this site for all the help and recommendations they give.

Pugsy

Re: 42 days on CPAP and feeling great!

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Congratulations. Feels good doesn't it?
It isn't always easy but it is so worth it once everything finally falls into place.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sharbysyd

Post by Sharbysyd » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Congrats, that's great news and encouraging to hear.

Xney

Post by Xney » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Good news.

Tino2You

Post by Tino2You » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:12 am

Super news TTL!

Additional Comments: Autoset Pressure 9-15.6, EPR 1, no ramp
Tino

sleeptimeinNY

Post by sleeptimeinNY » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 am

That's great news for you! Keep it up.
Love your pic of your kitties!!

Ruth

Carl LaFong

Post by Carl LaFong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Awesome!

Todzo

Post by Todzo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:31 pm

TiredTooLong wrote:I started on my CPAP on July 2. I've used it every day except one since at an average of 8 hours a day. The only day I didn't use it I was spending the night at a Relay for Life event. I am really starting to feel great.
  • No more morning headaches
    Went from going to pee 3-6 times a night to once a night and a couple of nights none.
    No naps this last weekend (used to be sleeping two-two hour naps on Saturdays)
    Not tired driving.
    More energy
I started with the Gel Nasal Mask (small - but probably should have been XS). I traded it in for the new Pilairo. After a few days with sore in my nostrils, I'm now used to this mask with little or no pain in the morning. Last night I forgot I even had it on. Turned over several times without waking to adjust the hose.

Going to be able to live with this. Still more improvement to go but have come a long way.

I just want to thank everyone on this site for all the help and recommendations they give.
Hi TiredTooLong!

That is wonderful!!!

Many good changes are happening in your body as we chat due to the better sleep!

Now, establish feedback!!! Those changes and the changes life simply brings can change how your CPAP is working for you. If you have feedback (are reading your machine's data into a computer program to see how your nights are actually going) then you will catch this before it makes you so foggy you cannot respond to what is happening. Indeed, you can change lifestyle or obtain changes in your therapy to prevent that state. This is important.

If you are not the data - computer - analysis type there is at least one company which can do this for you that I know of.

However you can, feedback is important. I really do believe that it is! It can save your life!!

Have a great year indeed!

Todzo
May any shills trolls sockpuppets or astroturfers at cpaptalk.com be like chaff before the wind!

TiredTooLong

Post by TiredTooLong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Now, establish feedback!!! Those changes and the changes life simply brings can change how your CPAP is working for you. If you have feedback (are reading your machine's data into a computer program to see how your nights are actually going) then you will catch this before it makes you so foggy you cannot respond to what is happening. Indeed, you can change lifestyle or obtain changes in your therapy to prevent that state. This is important.

If you are not the data - computer - analysis type there is at least one company which can do this for you that I know of.

However you can, feedback is important. I really do believe that it is! It can save your life!!
I have the ResMed S1 60 Series. I check it almost on a daily basis using Encore Pro. Not as good as Sleepyhead (am patiently waiting for it to be upgraded). Day before yesterday I had an AHI of .0. It generally runs between .3 and 1.5. So yes I'm getting my feedback.

Thanks to everyone for the support.