Oh sure, only get on forum when need something

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gasp

Oh sure, only get on forum when need something

Post by gasp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:14 pm

It's not that I don't think of you all every now and then I just found out (a little late due to never getting on the forum) that my beloved Comfortlite 2 is discontinued. Drat. After all these years I just found the direct seal for that mask works so much better for me than the pillows - and now no mask. I can imagine how horrible my current stock of these masks will get before finding a new one.

So, what's everybody else doing that's in this predicament? I can hardly stand the idea of going through the 'try the new mask circus'.

My criteria (in case it's also somebody elses and they have tried a different mask with success.

- NO side straps on cheeks
- Hose over the top of the head
- Headgear that allows my super thick pony tail to go through the top

<sigh>

Pugsy

Re: Oh sure, only get on forum when need something

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Check EBay....there is still some stock available for the ComfortLite2...parts but enough to build a mask.
Looks like headgear and cushions.

I also found one online cpap retailer still showing a price for complete mask.

A different mask that meets your needs...going to be difficult to find. Especially in the cushion department.
The Tap Pap that I use might suit you but it is nasal pillows only and requires a mouth guard for stability.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

teleute

Post by teleute » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:45 pm

The Breeze, maybe? Also only pillows though...

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/purita ... rface.html

No wait, here's the nasal cushion (rather than pillow) version of it:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/purita ... embly.html

Not sure how the ponytail might work, but it depends on where you put it I suppose. Or pigtails?

Additional Comments: Pressure 10.5-14

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Yes, eBay looks like the place to go. I've gotten nasal pillows on eBay before, you get new, unused mask parts in the original sealed bags from the manufacturer if you do your due diligence looking around *smile*.

You might have to try some new masks, but I don't know of any new nasal masks that don't have some straps on your cheeks. There's the Swift FX Nano that has pretty minimal headgear. The Wisp is popular as well. I'm not a nasal mask user, but there are newer, lighter weight nasal masks out there, You can usually get padding for the straps that helps with making the straps less intrusive, like Pad-a-Cheek does. And some of the new nasal pillow masks may work better for you than the old ones did, you might consider them as well. Cpap.com does have return insurance if you want to just try some out.

As Pugsy said, the tap pap (a nasal pillow mask) has minimal headgear, the mouthpiece works well for some, but then you should probably use a hose hanger, since no headgear to attach the tube to...I had very low leaks with it, but couldn't make it with the mouthpiece part *smile*.

And I find that a hose hanger works better for me than "hose over the top of the head", so you might think about that, too. Keeps the hose out of the way, and less headgear "mass" than running the hose over your head attached to the top of the headgear.

Anyways, you have my sympathy. I'd go scarf up what I could find on eBay for your current mask first, then think about where you can go from here. Good luck!

Edit: Ah yes, I see the Breeze on cpap.com. there's one that's closer to what you're using now.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:06 pm

gasp wrote:It's not that I don't think of you all every now and then I just found out (a little late due to never getting on the forum) that my beloved Comfortlite 2 is discontinued. Drat. After all these years I just found the direct seal for that mask works so much better for me than the pillows - and now no mask. I can imagine how horrible my current stock of these masks will get before finding a new one.

So, what's everybody else doing that's in this predicament? I can hardly stand the idea of going through the 'try the new mask circus'.

My criteria (in case it's also somebody elses and they have tried a different mask with success.

- NO side straps on cheeks
- Hose over the top of the head
- Headgear that allows my super thick pony tail to go through the top

<sigh>
Heeeyyyyyy........Mike Wazowski

Check your PMs. (if you want a source for complete masks)

Don't stay away so long.

Den

gasp

Post by gasp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the reply. Yo wulfie (just my own nickname for you : ) Hi Pugsy (never did think of you as pugs : ))) teleute and RogerSC Hi all!

I use a hose hanger already and so maybe I need to broaden my thinking and see what I can do with that - good suggestion. Also, I use a mouth guard ($300) courtesy of my dentist. So maybe I should try the tap pap and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Since I did so well with what old Snoredog referred to in indelicate terms as a less than an optimum mask - the Vista - which is a nasal mask I'm thinking of looking into that. By the way it was the Vista that made me dread straps on my cheeks. Karen's Padacheek pieces for straps while very nice wouldn't make me feel like I want those nasty straps. the Breeze headgear looks like it would just slip right off the top of my head but it does look like a good alternative at this point.

Maybe they'll come out with a Comfortlite 3 but I doubt it because it seems like they would have done so already to not lose customers to alternative masks.

Thanks for helping me. Once again my sweet forum buddies.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 pm

My 4 YO grandson looked at my screen and pointed out Mike Wazowski.
He thought it was so cool!
I believe he thought I was online with a real monster!

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 pm

There's this scene in Monsters, Inc. when they are trying to use a scream extractor on Mike, and I swear it looks like a CPAP. I always wanted that as MY avatar, but I can't find the exact picture.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Maybe the SleepWeaver Elan? Its a cloth mask.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 am

Hey Gasp, good to see your lovely face.

Vader

Post by Vader » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Hey Gasp, sorry I can't offer any help with your mask issue, but I just thought I'd say "Hey!"

Nice seeing you again!

Vader

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm with Vader--nice seeing you again Gasp. I decided to spend a little time on the boards myself lately.

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Well hi all!!! It sure is good to see all your posts! I actually got a new phone (finally) and am paying a stupid amount of money for a smartphone : ) I can not get email and internet from my new phone so there's hope I may just get on more often as I have always intended to do but just didn't.