Reviews of new AirFit P10 Resmed nasal pillow mask thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ArnieJB

Re: Reviews of new AirFit P10 Resmed nasal pillow mask thread

Post by ArnieJB » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:16 am

I've started to get some nostril irritation. I purchased some Lanolin and it does help but the inside of my nostrils are starting to swell up a little. I have fairly large nostrils and I have been using the large size pillows but I wonder if they are still not large enough. Are they supposed to fit inside your nostrils or stay on the outside?
Using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

ArnieJB wrote: I wonder if they are still not large enough. Are they supposed to fit inside your nostrils or stay on the outside?
Only the tips of the inner cones go into the nostrils. So only a tiny bit of the mask's silicone goes inside.
The mask is suppose to rest gently against the nostril...not really enter the nostril...I had to move up from my usual XSmall to a small because it was trying to get sucked up into my nostril a bit with big inhales. Meaning more of it was inside the nostril than should be..wasn't much but just enough to be annoying. Sealed a little too good.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

NYcpap

Post by NYcpap » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:56 pm

The medium is gone. I still have the small to swap for a large. Thank you

NYcpap wrote:I have a medium and a small pillows for the airfit. I'd like to trade for large. Please PM if interested.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Pugsy wrote:That would be the blue one I assume? If so, then the headgear is probably universal in size and the only difference between the for Her package and the regular package would be the sizes of nasal pillows supplied in each package.
If the sizes of the headgear are the same for both the For Her and the regular - does anyone know about the sizes of nasal pillows? Does this mean that a medium size pillow in the regular package is different from the medium size in the For Her package??
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:41 pm

ems wrote:If the sizes of the headgear are the same for both the For Her and the regular - does anyone know about the sizes of nasal pillows? Does this mean that a medium size pillow in the regular package is different from the medium size in the For Her package??
Pillows are the same size no matter which package they come in.
A medium in the for Her package is going to be identical to the Medium in the regular package.
That's so that manufacture is simple and less confusing and ultimately less costly to produce.
It's the way with any nasal pillow mask that comes in different packaging with different headgear...often it is just the color that is different and the inclusion of the XSmall nasal pillow instead of the Large size because it is assumed that females wouldn't often need a Large.

So nasal pillow size is going to be standard between each size no matter which packaged headgear.
Near as I can tell the ONLY difference besides color with the For Her package is the addition of the XSmall nasal pillow and the omission of the Large.
We've measured the headgear and they are the same.
Everything is interchangeable between the packages.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Thank you... I think I have the whole picture now. Looking forward to trying this out tonight. I've waited for two months to get this mask (AirFit) and I almost can't wait to go to sleep tonight
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 am

Have attempted to use the AirFit 10 for 3 nights but each time I've woken up 2-3 hours in and had to remove it because of intense stinging and pain around my nostrils. I guess my head is too big for it as I can't seem to adjust it. Otherwise the design is quite nice actually and the diffused air flow a much needed feature. Not entirely sure why they did away with the articulated hose however. Some have commented that it is primarily to guide the airflow. My use is primarily to adjust the way the hose lies on my pillow. The AirFit 10 does not allow for this swivel and I think this is a mistake, despite the fact the hose itself is quite a bit more flexible.

Bottom line - while the package contains large, medium and small nasal pillows, it doesn't seem to come in large, medium or small cranium sizes which is disappointing. $300 down the drain.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:59 am

Just put in a request for this mask today. am alternating between the breeze & the FX for now.

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

rakkwhite

Post by rakkwhite » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 pm

PhilM wrote:Have attempted to use the AirFit 10 for 3 nights but each time I've woken up 2-3 hours in and had to remove it because of intense stinging and pain around my nostrils. I guess my head is too big for it as I can't seem to adjust it.
I had a similar experience, but I decided to try and stretch the headgear to see if that helped. It took about a week or so to get a reasonably comfortable fit. It's not as comfortable as the Swift FX, but I am willing to accept that for my husband's sake who is "downwind" of the air flow.

bavinck

Post by bavinck » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Airfit pillows with a swift FX adjustable headgear anyone???
Auto 9-15cm
SleepyHead v0.9.3

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:20 pm

bavinck wrote:Airfit pillows with a swift FX adjustable headgear anyone???
I already looked at that but couldn't figure out any way to attach the AirFit to the Swift FX headgear.
Maybe I need to look closer.
I figured out how to attach the Aloha pillows to the Swift FX Bella Loops a while back. That took some work but I got it to work.

I'm beat right now but maybe tomorrow I can look at it to see if there is some way of anchoring the hose/pillow assembly to the Swift FX headgear. The stretchy part of the AirFit headgear is removable. Just need some way of attaching the pillow/hose thing to the FX side straps.

Tigerlily

Post by Tigerlily » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Guess what I get to try tonight...

Additional Comments: Pressure: 11 , OSCAR software
~ Tigerlily ~

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Pugsy wrote: I already looked at that but couldn't figure out any way to attach the AirFit to the Swift FX headgear.
I figured out how to attach the Aloha pillows to the Swift FX Bella Loops a while back. That took some work but I got it to work.

I'm beat right now but maybe tomorrow I can look at it to see if there is some way of anchoring the hose/pillow assembly to the Swift FX headgear. The stretchy part of the AirFit headgear is removable. Just need some way of attaching the pillow/hose thing to the FX side straps.
I did it. Temporary as I didn't want to tear up the AirFit little semi rigid plastic side thingies.
Plan to sleep with it tonight to see how it does. I used Padacheek side strap covers and a bit of scotch to help keep the semi rigid plastic things attached to the silicone straps of the Swift FX.
Looks promising if my tape holds..I didn't use a lot.

bavinck

Post by bavinck » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Keep us posted Pugsy, we could send a pic to resmed if it works as a little suggestion. Just love that swift FX headgear....
Auto 9-15cm
SleepyHead v0.9.3

ems

Post by ems » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Pugsy wrote: I already looked at that but couldn't figure out any way to attach the AirFit to the Swift FX headgear.

I did it. Temporary as I didn't want to tear up the AirFit little semi rigid plastic side thingies.
Plan to sleep with it tonight to see how it does. I used Padacheek side strap covers and a bit of scotch to help keep the semi rigid plastic things attached to the silicone straps of the Swift FX.
Looks promising if my tape holds..I didn't use a lot.
If that works I'm going to send you my Airfit and my Swift headgear. That way I can blame you if the entire thing falls apart!