BLEEP Users,............

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mark55

BLEEP Users,............

Post by Mark55 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Since this totally new cpap interface has now been in circulation for awhile, I am looking to see what anyone/everyone that uses/used the Bleep thinks of it. Do you folks find it better than the P10, and/or the Brevida if you happen to use that one?

I am considering giving it a shot regardless of the continuing expense of the method of attachment, and the fact I am self pay at this point still. I have been using my Brevida and P10 in roughly a 60/40% split respectively, and even though I'm not having problems (short of when my big mouth pops open once in awhile), I still feel like I would like to give the Bleep a shot.

Please include even minor details, such as one I wonder about,........does it tug on your nose? :lol:

Thanks as always for any input.

Pugsy

Re: BLEEP Users,............

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Start reading here.
viewtopic/t174807/BleepDreamPort-nasal- ... hread.html
I am short on time at the moment.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 11, 2019 3:51 pm

More info in that thread than you could possibly ever want to know.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Sat May 11, 2019 3:54 pm

The thread Pugsy referenced has TONS of information! It will be very helpful.

I have been using the Bleep since mid-March. I've been on CPAP since Jan. 2018. I can honestly say it is the best mask I've used during that time and I've tried upwards of 12-15 masks, some of them two or three times. My husband is a die-hard P10 user and swears it is the best mask ever--he kept encouraging me to try it again. I hated it every time! The ones that worked "best" (a term I use loosely) were the Nuance Gel mask and PilairoQ mask, which is what I finally settled on. I did try the Brevida and I think the PilairoQ is similar.

I had a lot of problems with masks. I have fine, silky hair (not what you would normally think of as a disadvantage!) and the back strap would slide up the back of my head, which is pretty flat. This would cause the mask to slip, cause arousals and waking to readjust the strap and mask. Leaks from around the mask exacerbated my existing (mild) dry eye to the point that I could not drive, read, watch TV, knit, etc. I actually had to have punctal plugs inserted into my tear ducts to alleviate some of the symptoms and allow me to function. Straps across my cheeks caused strap acne. 60 years old and I had acne for the first time! Strap marks on my cheeks that lasted for hours and messed up hair were cosmetic issues, but on top of everything else, irritating.

Those are not problems with the Bleep. That is not to say it's perfect. There is a learning curve. You have to wash your nose with soap (I use a hydrating cleanser, so I have to was a SECOND time :) ), then use some kind of toner/witch hazel/alcohol wipe. It didn't take long to figure out how to apply the DreamPorts. The DreamWay connector, however, is a bit fiddly. I did it in the mirror the first few nights, but had trouble with the whole backwards thing, so I started just doing it in bed. You need to be sure that you have it clicked in correctly. A few times, I haven't. It's easy to figure out if you haven't because it will be kind of noisy. It's quiet if done right, at least if you use the filter diffuser hack.

I also have not gotten the whole hose management thing down for the Bleep. But if you've been using a P10, you are probably used to a hose pointing down. That's what I have trouble with. All my other masks have pointed up and I have (had?) a hose management system on the wall over the bed that held the hose as it came up over my head. Doesn't work as well for the Bleep. I haven't really been able to worry too much about it because I've been recovering from a difficult (painful) surgery, and I've been focussing on just being able to USE the CPAP at all and trying to get my AHI back under 5. (Finally happened about 2 weeks ago! Yay!)

As to your question about tugging on the nose. The first couple of nights, I put it on and read in bed for a bit. I was aware of the weight. It's not that heavy, but it was different. I don't notice it as much now. But I am a stomach and side sleeper, NEVER a back sleeper. I have an extra short hose as well. I do occasionally feel some weight/pulling that I have to adjust. That said, during the period BEFORE my surgery, when I was actually able to sleep painfree, it was wonderful. I went to bed, did not have to adjust the mask or strap, no leaking into my eyes. Still no mask/strap adjustment or leaks, but lots of waking because of pain. Looking forward to leak and adjustment free sleep, hopefully soon!

Best thing...CareCentrix FINALLY approved the Bleep for me and I got my shipment from my DME yesterday! It was like Christmas! Just need to find out how much it's going to cost me :lol:

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks for that link, and for the input booksfan.

After reading nearly all 29 pages,.....I believe I am going to wait for the second generation, as well as seeing if the price comes down any on the ports as more people adopt this interface.

It all sounds very interesting, and I almost surely will try it at some point,.... but then again I have no real complaints about the Brevida or my P10 either, so I'm in no big rush.