Poster's name followed by "Therapy" threads

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Just an idea - someone recently started a thread using their name plus "therapy", and it seems to have caught on with some newbies as if they think it's required. It's not, and actually (for me) makes it difficult to know what the thread's about, and having to click and read just to find that out is a bit annoying... so I suggest finding a more relevant thread name for your posts referring to your main problem(s), and even if you also introduce others (re OSA/Cpap) into it eventually, we'll be able to follow things in sequence and have a better chance of helping rather than jumping all over to find info.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Poster's name followed by "Therapy" threads

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Julie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm
This subject title does not make it clear what this post is about. It's annoying to have to click and read just to find out.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu May 23, 2019 1:09 pm

I believe that trend may be the result of posters' often being asked to keep posting in the same thread so that those directly helping the poster don't have to spend time hunting through other posts/threads less relevant to a particular poster's therapy history. So they do it as a favor.

But to answer your question directly, Julie: Threads with a poster's name followed by the word "therapy" are likely about, uh, that, um, poster's, well, therapy, I would assume. :shock: :wink: :P :oops: :roll: :D :lol:
Last edited by jnk... on Thu May 23, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Julie wrote:
Just an idea - someone recently started a thread using their name plus "therapy", and it seems to have caught on with some newbies as if they think it's required. It's not, and actually (for me) makes it difficult to know what the thread's about, and having to click and read just to find that out is a bit annoying... so I suggest finding a more relevant thread name for your posts referring to your main problem(s), and even if you also introduce others (re OSA/Cpap) into it eventually, we'll be able to follow things in sequence and have a better chance of helping rather than jumping all over to find info.
No, it's not required, it's just a REALLY GOOD IDEA.

Djams therapy thread summarizes it very nicely it's all about djams, and whatever is happening with him, because his questions and needs change... and to have a thread continuing with an unrelated topic makes no sense.

Many people come in, post some relatively meaningless topic name to start with, and, as with all threads, it morphs and changes... just saying "all djams therapy questions are in here" is *EXCELLENT*.

If it's so annoying to you, don't jump into the thread.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:13 pm

my therapy + soapbox thread is indeed that, therapy + soapbox. I ask questions when I need answers to something and then I vent when I'm having a helluva time with my therapy. I prefer to keep everything neatly in one thread so I don't have to search multiple threads for something.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Julie wrote:
This subject title does not make it clear what this post is about. It's annoying to have to click and read just to find out.
And so I never click it, More of a chat thing, that a help thing. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm

I noticed this trend, and wondered how it got started.
Could it be newbies are following instructions?
Fascinating.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 23, 2019 5:21 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Fascinating.
Nah! Just Follow the Leader. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu May 23, 2019 5:38 pm

I copied djams (only I tried to switch it up with naming it my house of dreams thread) But its basically my therapy thread. Not sure what else it should be named?

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu May 23, 2019 5:48 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Fascinating.
"instructions" i find a bit uh, harsh.

following suggestions, maybe?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 pm

It's more important to me that people here feel comfortable doing what they want than that people conform to any of my personal preferences. In fact, I consider that to be a strict rule.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 pm

kbh209 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:13 pm
my therapy + soapbox thread is indeed that, therapy + soapbox. I ask questions when I need answers to something and then I vent when I'm having a helluva time with my therapy. I prefer to keep everything neatly in one thread so I don't have to search multiple threads for something.
And (almost, with apparently one exception) all of us prefer you to keep all your stuff in one thread, so WE can more easily refer back if there's some question.

Thank you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:38 pm
I copied djams (only I tried to switch it up with naming it my house of dreams thread) But its basically my therapy thread. Not sure what else it should be named?
It should be named just what you named it. It's your thread.

So far I've seen one person dislike the 'xxxx therapy thread' and a whole bunch of people that like having it that way.

Like someone the other day that changed theirs from something like 'strange waveform' something after the thread had morphed into more of a general therapy thread.

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm
So far I've seen one person dislike the 'xxxx therapy thread' and a whole bunch of people that like having it that way.
I don't like or dislike it. However, I almost never read an "xxxx therapy thread." Probably just as well if the question is obstructive versus centrals, or how to tape your mouth, but if its about batteries, I won't know its there.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 pm

CapnLoki wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm
palerider wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm
I don't like or dislike it. However, I almost never read an "xxxx therapy thread." Probably just as well if the question is obstructive versus centrals, or how to tape your mouth, but if its about batteries, I won't know its there.
If there's a question about batteries, someone will point the asker to your battery thread.