New Cpap User - Not sure where to go from here

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JiminyMerf

New Cpap User - Not sure where to go from here

Post by JiminyMerf » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello - I have started using my Cpap on June 26th, and am kind of interested in the results, and if i am going in the right direction. Attached is my OSCAR screen shot from last nights sleep. This is my best AHI so far in my treatment.

I started at Min Pressure of 6, and a Max of 14. Contacted the RT and got my pressure raised to Min 11, to a Max of 20.

Let me know what you all think and where i should go from here.
Jul15.PNG
Jul15.PNG (152.96 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Pugsy

Re: New Cpap User - Not sure where to go from here

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:48 pm

I see a lot of starting and stopping of the machine so we know you aren't sleeping so great.
How much time are you spending awake with the mask and machine on? Some of that AHI is likely false positive awake event flagging.
If you are pretty much asleep when all that ugliness is happening...you need more minimum pressure still.
At least 1 cm more and more likely 2 cm more minimum.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JiminyMerf

Post by JiminyMerf » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

I think that is when i have to shut it off to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Dumb question, but is it recommended to shut the machine off when needing to go to the bathroom or just disconnect the hose with the air still coming out?

I don't really think i am awake a lot with the mask on, at least i dont remember

Another dumb question, I contacted the RT that i got the machine from to raise the pressures, is it OK for me to just change the stuff myself or let them handle it? If i should be contacting them, what is the better way to have that convo and not sound like i am micro managing the config?

Thanks for the Response!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Doesn't really matter if you turn the machine off when you get up or not but if you don't the machine will register a large leak briefly and some breathing not detected time and it clutters up your reports and skews the numbers. I always preferred to just turn it off when I got up and then turn it back on when I went back to bed.

There is no reason you can't change the pressure yourself if you are comfortable doing it.
Just takes a little combination of button pushing to get into the ultra secret clinical menu. I have always done my own adjusting. Lots of members do it but if you aren't comfortable with it....that's your choice.

If you don't know how to get into that hidden menu area you can go here and request the clinical/provider manual for your machine. It's a good idea to have it and read it anyway. There's some good stuff in there that isn't in the user manual.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If they notice just tell them you learned how on the internet. They know that information is out there anyway. That's what I did. :lol: They might squawk a bit but there's no law that says you can't change it yourself. If they say there is...ask them to show it to you...they can't...there isn't one.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

brazospearl

Post by brazospearl » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Pugsy, honey, you're the best!
Just got a new ResMed AirSense10 & needed the clinical menu. Typed in "clinical menu" in the search bar, & sure enough, you already had a link to what I needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!