F&P "Simplus" Hose Detachment?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jimolson52

F&P "Simplus" Hose Detachment?

Post by jimolson52 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:39 am

Has anyone else experienced unintended middle-of-the-night hose detachment from Fisher & Paykel's Simplus full face mask when used with an Airsense 10?

The culprit is the rotating gray sleeve located below the Simplus mask's ball and socket joint. F&P has equipped the gray sleeve and clear air port part with subtle ridges to keep them from detaching from one another, but these ridges wear down after a month's use. The result is the hose detaches from the face mask with almost no effort. The roaring sound from the open-ended Airsense 10 drives my wife nuts.

I thought about gluing the gray swivel sleeve to the clear ball-and-socket air port but this would cause the corrugated hose to kink.

LSAT

Re: F&P "Simplus" Hose Detachment?

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:38 am

I have used that mask and the Vitera which has a similar swivel. The clear connector on the Vitera seems to have a stronger connection than does the grey one on the Simplus. If you continue to have that problem, I suggest you switch to the Vitera which was touted as an upgrade to the Simplus.

recipefordisaster

Post by recipefordisaster » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:35 am

I have the Vitera and it still does this sometimes. I had the problem with the Simplus for sure. I wake up detached.

Grouchy Bear

Post by Grouchy Bear » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:26 pm

I suggest switching to the Vitera also. I have almost a year's use on the connection, usually disconnecting and reconnecting at least once a night. So far it has held up just fine. One thing that might be significant is that I have a hose management system that makes the hose come down from above me and out about 7 inches from the head of the bed.
I'm RETIRED 8) Quit asking me to do stuff :roll:
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - F&P Vitera

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:53 am

Never had this problem and I've been using the Simplus on and off since like 2015. Maybe the way your device/tubing is set up is causing it to pull at the mask?

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12