CPAP use and CANCER (long term use of Philips System One)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MaskingtheNightAway

CPAP use and CANCER (long term use of Philips System One)

Post by MaskingtheNightAway » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:38 pm

I put in my Serial Number and it says my machine is affected. I am so pissed. I have been dealing with Cancer that began in my Parotid Salivary Gland for 2-1/2 years. I also have metastasis in my lymph cells, lungs, and liver. These are exactly the types of cancer listed as strong possibilities in the medical information provided with the recall notice.

I checked 2 years ago and found many articles about links between cancer and long term CPAP use. Particularly Salivary Gland Cancers. I just wonder if many others here have experienced this?

With Metastases, I am considered stage IV, but have done well with chemo and radiation. I do have a lot of side effects from the drugs and chemo. I want Philips to take ownership of this problem.

I hate to think that my life has been made shorter because of the FOAM they used in these machines. Dealing with cancer and treatments are already so emotionally sensitive. There are times when I am accepting of my situation being Stage IV, but now this makes me feel that this should not have happened to me.
Last edited by MaskingtheNightAway on Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Emerita

Re: CPAP use and CANCER (long term use of Philips System One)

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:23 pm

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’re dealing with, and I really sympathize with your sense that the PR debacle creates an extra layer of upset.

You might consult your local bar association to find a good attorney in the healthcare liability area and then have an initial consultation, just to get the lay of the land. Sometimes such a consultation will be free or low-cost. On the other hand, protracted litigation has a way of taking over your life, which may not be what you really want.

Do you have access to any kind of counseling or therapy? You are going through so much; someone to talk to might give you extra support during a tough time.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/