NO CPAP machines available at all!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: NO CPAP machines available at all!

Post by zonker » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:30 pm

oklajohn wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:30 pm
CPAP.com will not accept my Sleep Study Report as a prescription, and when I requested one from my Dr. , he talked me out of buying online, saying local supplier would have mine in 3 weeks and call me. Insurance-wise this is the best way to go, I guess since Medicare and my supplement will cover the cost of all the equipment. And the Dr. can keep a close eye on my progress - or lack of. There just "ain't no cpap's to be had" in this part of the Country right now. So I will wait. Bummer!
that's entirely up to you.

but did you know that ANY doctor can write that 'script? including a dentist.

if you have a good relationship with another doctor, you can ask her or him to write one.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm

oklajohn wrote:
Insurance-wise this is the best way to go, I guess since Medicare and my supplement will cover the cost of all the equipment.
Go to this Medicare site: https://www.medicare.gov/medical-equipment-suppliers/

Enter your zip code and type of equipment you want to find a list of DME suppliers that accept Medicare. Call several of them and ask if they have any machines in stock. You do not have to use supplier recommended by your doctor.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:15 pm

And the Dr. can keep a close eye on my progress - or lack of.
Did your doctor tell you that part?
SOME actually do. They have the software to monitor and tweak you settings to better optimize your treatment.
In that case, all you need to do is get the same brand the doctor owns the software for, (which I assume will be specified in the prescription) and regardless where you purchased the machine, your doctor "can keep a close eye" on your therapy.

Most doctors do NOT have the software. Some ask the DME to download the EFFICACNY data for them to review when you meet with doctor. Most doctors only look at compliance data (how many hours and how many days you used the machine within a 30 day period) because insurers require this documentation to pay for the machine. You can access that data yourself and bring the reports to the doctor if your doctor is truly interested but doesn't have software for your brand.

It makes sense to wait for your DME if you can get most or all of the cost covered, but don't fall for assertions that your doctor can only get data from a machine you get at a particular DME--it's simply not true.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

oklajohn

Post by oklajohn » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:29 pm

Squeaky wheel gets oiled! I got a call today from my DME and I am getting a ResMed AirSense 11 in a week or so. They have 25 coming in and will call me when they receive them. They have been shipped to the DME. Now if the storms don't delay the carriers...........always something to deal with it seems.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:56 pm

oklajohn wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:29 pm
Squeaky wheel gets oiled! I got a call today from my DME and I am getting a ResMed AirSense 11
Which one? you DO NOT want a CPAP, and probably not an Elite. There are three different "Airsense 11" machines.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

oklajohn

Post by oklajohn » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:58 pm

[/quote]
Which one? you DO NOT want a CPAP, and probably not an Elite. There are three different "Airsense 11" machines.
[/quote]

Sorry but I don't understand -"you DO NOT want a CPAP"?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:10 pm

There are three models of the Air Sense 11 machines. The "CPAP" model is a single pressure machine with limited data. The "Elite" model is a single pressure machine with full data capability. The "Autoset" is a variable pressure machine with full data capability.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

oklajohn

Post by oklajohn » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:38 pm

I think I'm ok - Dr.'s Sleep Report and prescription call for Auto-CPAP.

786tech

Post by 786tech » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:32 pm

Since Resmed Airsense10 Autoset has higher availability and lower cost... Is it worth it to hold out for an Airesense11? Seems like the new ones are quieter. Any other advantages?

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:06 pm

oklajohn wrote:
CPAP.com will not accept my Sleep Study Report as a prescription, and when I requested one from my Dr. , he talked me out of buying online, saying local supplier would have mine in 3 weeks and call me. Insurance-wise this is the best way to go, I guess since Medicare and my supplement will cover the cost of all the equipment. And the Dr. can keep a close eye on my progress - or lack of. There just "ain't no cpap's to be had" in this part of the Country right now. So I will wait. Bummer!
Sounds like your doc has a "arrangement" with the dme he sent you too. Go to your primary get a prescription and order it online. To hell with that sleep doc.

oklajohn

Post by oklajohn » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:04 pm

[/quote]Sounds like your doc has a "arrangement" with the dme he sent you too. Go to your primary get a prescription and order it online. To hell with that sleep doc.
[/quote]

I would except for insurance coverage - I have Medicare and Blue Cross FEP - and it should cover all of the expenses. Online, at least CPAP.com is a little more difficult to get insurance companies to pay, especially Medicare. If I could find an online source that would file Medicare and Insurance for me, I would do that in a flash!

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:11 pm

Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:47 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:06 pm
Sounds like your doc has a "arrangement" with the dme he sent you too.
Those "arrangements" usually involve a paid week long trip to Hawaii for the good ole' doc and his family! :roll:

It's done every day...Drug Company perks are probably better than what a DME can provide a doc and his family!
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:11 am

oklajohn wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:04 pm
Sounds like your doc has a "arrangement" with the dme he sent you too. Go to your primary get a prescription and order it online. To hell with that sleep doc.
[/quote]

I would except for insurance coverage - I have Medicare and Blue Cross FEP - and it should cover all of the expenses. Online, at least CPAP.com is a little more difficult to get insurance companies to pay, especially Medicare. If I could find an online source that would file Medicare and Insurance for me, I would do that in a flash!
[/quote]

Blue cross is one of the best insurances around. You could find a different dme /doctor in your network. But even with insurance, I paid more getting a machine through my insurance than if I had paid out of pocket. Those copays (co insurance) add up. When I added all up the 13 months fees I paid significantly more for the machine than I did for the back up machine I bought out of pocket.

oklajohn

Post by oklajohn » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:37 am

SleepGeek wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:11 pm
I would call. https://verushealthcare.com/contact/
Do they accept and file insurance, and do they carry Med Res units? I can't find the answer on their site. Thanks.