my oximeter results without cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nmevan

my oximeter results without cpap

Post by nmevan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 am

hello
I've uploaded my stats for several hours of sleep while using an oximeter, without using my cpap

I'm hoping those of you in the know will take a look and give me some feedback

is it absolutely terrible?

do I need cpap for certain?

thank you
evan

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... thout1.jpg

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... hout_1.jpg

also...can someone please tell me how to show the results on this page without having to go to photobucket?

Lizistired

Re: my oximeter results without cpap

Post by Lizistired » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 am

AMUW

Post by AMUW » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:40 pm

nmevan wrote:hello
I've uploaded my stats for several hours of sleep while using an oximeter, without using my cpap
is it absolutely terrible? do I need cpap for certain?
...can someone please tell me how to show the results on this page without having to go to photobucket?
Evan, for better communication and interpretation you should have posted in continuation to your previous thread viewtopic/t62366/opinions-of-oximeter-r ... ml#p583657 .
Also compare the statistics to what you know about your sleep study report, and to your subjective feelings during and after each of these nights.
Actually an experienced sleep doctor can just examine the curves and make a qualitative judgment. To my inexperienced eye it looks like the high average statistics are swayed by what happens during the first hour, with apparently long sleep onset.
If you look at the data positively, then CPAP has a considerable effect.

Re image embedding: after having pasted the URL of the image file into your post, you bracket it with the BB code [img]...[/img] . This only shows the image; no access to your Photobucket directory or to your private name.
Re image resolution: you're hyperlinking to your JPG image of size 753px × 620px; is that the best your oxymeter can do? Maybe Lizistired or others with the same model can comment on how their oxymetry data has been used.
For a very good tutorial check out http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/how_to_post_images/ .
Moderate-severe OSA, ResMed S9 AutoSet EPR + H5i Humidifier, ResMed Masks: trying Swift FX Nasal Pillow, Mirage Nasal, Mirage Quatro or Quattro FX Full Face
ResMed SD card & USB adaptor, ResScan 3.10

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:10 pm

AMUW wrote:

Re image embedding: after having pasted the URL of the image file into your post, you bracket it with the BB code [img]...[/img] . This only shows the image; no access to your Photobucket directory or to your private name.
Careful, that is not correct.

If someone has an image embedded in their post, any member can go to the post and click "Quote" and the URL of the image will be seen.
NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Your data while using the CPAP machine looks better than this data. This data indicates that you desaturated to 80% and experienced O2 desaturations at the rate of 41 per hour. Also your average O2 level dropped.

I think you may be better off napping and using your CPAP machine.