Bored and breaking the monotony

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tatooed Lady

Bored and breaking the monotony

Post by Tatooed Lady » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Monotony being the usual posts of "you guys suck, I'm going home," or whatever the theme is this past week or two (haven't been on much lately, my brain gets ready to explode from the circular bullshit sometimes)...

Just over a year into my therapy, have tried a couple different machines, a couple masks, tweaked the hell outta my settings to fit what feels right at the time...and I'm feeling pretty darned good. The latest was a drop in the humidity, and that made some of my headaches go away. Yay! I've asked questions on the open forum, and asked more behind the scenes along the way. I've had a hand UP to get me started, analyzed and overanalyzed my therapy, ,needs, etc...but I found in the grand scheme of things, if I didn't TRY things, I would only have THEORY to consider, not reality. Guess I should make Guinea Pig sounds now...all said and done, when I started this trip, I hadn't thought I'd gear up like I have (I have 5 machines and several masks)...but I have found in this that the easiest way to see if there is something BETTER out there is to try new things.

Gee whiz, golly gee, and YAY!! *snork*

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

JDS74

Re: Bored and breaking the monotony

Post by JDS74 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Just talked to my local neurologist on Monday and amongst the discussion of interesting medical conditions, we both agreed that boring conditions are best. In my search for solutions i've adopted the idea of being a lab rat on which experiments are conducted. You can get good data that way.

Cheers.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Wait till you have 6 years of boring then I think you will see why I experiment when I can. Breaks up the boredom.
Even if it is just an experiment with a mask that there's probably no way in hell I would ever want/need to use it. That experiment has to wait a while though. I just spent a truckload of money on some new living room furniture that I wanted and needed more than I needed to break the boredom.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 am

I get it, Pugsy. Lol...I get obsessed about something, learn everything I can about it, then move on. I love shiny new stuff. Poor PR gets to learn with me on a bunch of it, as we talk a bunch, and I will throw questions at him til he caves and googles info for me while I work. Currently we are learning uses for two die cutters I just bought...

In the end, I'm content that I'm well informed, if broke.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:28 am

Tatooed Lady wrote:I get it, Pugsy. Lol...I get obsessed about something, learn everything I can about it, then move on. I love shiny new stuff. Poor PR gets to learn with me on a bunch of it, as we talk a bunch, and I will throw questions at him til he caves and googles info for me while I work. Currently we are learning uses for two die cutters I just bought...
speaking of which, if anybody wants some cool vinyl cutout stickers, there's a certain truck drivin momma who's looking for reasons to use her new computer controlled design cutter, after she finishes stickering her house, boyfriends business, cars, and probably her semi, she'll need something else to keep her occupied...

send requests

Last edited by palerider on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 am

"May you live in boring times." is a blessing longed for in too many parts of the world.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:17 pm

There's no one more prone to boredom and feeling the urge to change and tweak things than the "audiophile", IMO. Some of them don't even blink at spending $5000.00 (or more) on just a different set of wires in order to possibly "perceive" even the slightest improvement in their sound quality ! I wouldn't. (can't) Many of them are waaaay more pin-headed and combative than anyone I've ever witnessed in this group. Enchanter types, however, are quickly exposed and shown the door on audio forums, be they genuinely clueless, or, simply attempting to conduct a ruse. They're mostly viewed as being extremely monotonous. I truly applaud the patience, good intentions and acts of the members here that have taken Enchanter under their wings so to speak. I hope it hasn't been wasted effort !

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:03 am

The same thing with higher and higher video definition.
The human eye and ear can only perceive so much; and even that deteriorates with age.
---The Emperor's tailors have diversified; and are experiencing phenomenal success,
due to the gullibility of people who can be easily led to believe they are impossibly "special".

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:07 am

I have been using the same mask (ok not the exact same one) for 5 1/2 years.
For me boring is good when it comes to sleep.

Besides which there has been to much none boring happening in my life lately.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal