Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI last night, but...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JV1967

Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI last night, but...

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:27 am

When I woke up, my wrist pulse ox said 82%. It was cold in the room, and my finger felt cold when I took the probe off, so... hopefully it was an erroneous reading.

Another thing I'm curious about is that I've only been on ASV Bilevel for a week, and my lungs and upper airway feel kind of strange when I wake up. Is this normal during the adjustment period? It feels a bit like pressure and dryness; it's difficult for me to describe the exact feeling.
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

Wulfman...

Re: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI last night, but...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:11 pm

JV1967 wrote:When I woke up, my wrist pulse ox said 82%. It was cold in the room, and my finger felt cold when I took the probe off, so... hopefully it was an erroneous reading.

Another thing I'm curious about is that I've only been on ASV Bilevel for a week, and my lungs and upper airway feel kind of strange when I wake up. Is this normal during the adjustment period? It feels a bit like pressure and dryness; it's difficult for me to describe the exact feeling.
Congrats on your 0.0 AHI.
There are lots and lots of things that many of us have experienced. Very few of them are unique to us. So, take comfort in knowing that others have probably experienced the same or similar things.......especially in the early part of our therapy.
You're using (exercising) muscles that probably haven't gotten that type of exercise before or for a long time.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
JV1967 wrote:When I woke up, my wrist pulse ox said 82%. It was cold in the room, and my finger felt cold when I took the probe off, so... hopefully it was an erroneous reading.

Congrats on your 0.0 AHI.
There are lots and lots of things that many of us have experienced. Very few of them are unique to us. So, take comfort in knowing that others have probably experienced the same or similar things.......especially in the early part of our therapy.
You're using (exercising) muscles that probably haven't gotten that type of exercise before or for a long time.

Den

Thank you. Den. That would explain the feeling. I hope my pulse ox was wrong. My machine throws a breath at me if needed.
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:53 am

I get an 0.0 AHI about once a month. I used to get them 2 or 3 times a month, so it is not unusual. What is unusual for me was when I used to get the 0.0 AHI, I didn't feel quite as good as I would a day with higher AHI. Mind that my average AHI's are around a .3 or .4. Nowadays, I feel great with a 0 AHI. Don't get caught up chasing numbers, but be sensitive on how you feel during the day and direct your cpap therapy towards that direction.

Sheriff