If Quattro didn't fit me, should I even try AirFit F10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
benz2830

If Quattro didn't fit me, should I even try AirFit F10?

Post by benz2830 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:12 pm

I have been trying a number of FFM and none seems to fit me. I'm thinking about trying AirFit F10. However, I also notice some reviewers say that it is an upgraded version of Quattro. For me, Quattro didn't fit well with my facial feature, causing leak below my chin. I wonder if anyone could tell me if AirFit F10 has the exact same fitting paradigm as Quattro, in which case I might not even give it a try
While I'm at it, I wonder if you have any suggestions for other good FFMs I should look into as well. There are lots of options on the cpap.com website and I don't really know where to begin. So far, I've tried: Quattro (large and small), ComfortGel Blue, Amara View. I had the most luck with ComfortFull but it leaked badly after a month. Thank you in advance for any suggestions

M'ohms

Re: If Quattro didn't fit me, should I even try AirFit F10?

Post by M'ohms » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:29 pm

My first mask was the Quattro too. It gave me a raw nose bridge, which I couldn't tolerate anymore! I got the Quattro FX, which rides lower on the nose and has no forehead support. I bought it in a size larger than the fitting instructions recommend. I did this so that I could cup the bottom of the mask around my chin to keep it from riding up. I have been using this one successfully for 2 1/2 years. I also tried the F10, which is also good, but it is smaller and narrower than the QFX. The F10 doesn't fit like the Quattro because it doesn't have a forehead support either. This keeps the top of the mask from riding between your eyes.
I think both the Quattro FX and the F10 are different enough to try. Good luck!

Petrodon

Post by Petrodon » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:19 pm

I had similar issues with the Quattro and I thought of going to the FX, but on the advice of my respiratory therapist I tried the Fisher and Paykel Simplus. It isn't perfect, but I like it.

Pros:
A lot less bulky compared to Quattro.
The pillow cushion extends toward the face and reduced eye leaks, which was giving me dry eye.
The headgear is more comfortable (for me at least).

Con:
The hose port can stick, so it can make noise when trying to adjust.

Also, it's not a flaw of the mask but the Pad-a-Cheek for it is ill fitting and can partially cover the exhaust port which is loud.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:22 pm

benz2830 wrote:I have been trying a number of FFM and none seems to fit me. I'm thinking about trying AirFit F10. However, I also notice some reviewers say that it is an upgraded version of Quattro. For me, Quattro didn't fit well with my facial feature, causing leak below my chin. I wonder if anyone could tell me if AirFit F10 has the exact same fitting paradigm as Quattro, in which case I might not even give it a try
While I'm at it, I wonder if you have any suggestions for other good FFMs I should look into as well. There are lots of options on the cpap.com website and I don't really know where to begin. So far, I've tried: Quattro (large and small), ComfortGel Blue, Amara View. I had the most luck with ComfortFull but it leaked badly after a month. Thank you in advance for any suggestions
They make the Quattro in a size "Medium", too.

My personal preference is the ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:29 pm

I tried the F10, but it seems to be made for a taller, narrower face than mine. The Quattro is a bit shorter and wider, from what I've noticed.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:52 am

Having used both for a long time, I think the two masks are totally different especially in the sidewalls and the way the frame attaches to the mask. Give the F10 a try... you may get a pleasant surprise. Be sure to give the new mask a couple of weeks of testing before you decide. As many have said before me: All masks are a very individual decision based on the shape of one's face and one's therapy.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.