Woke up for the first time today without a big headache

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gasper62

Re: Woke up for the first time today without a big headache

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Noctuary wrote:I wish I would have taken this route before throwing it all into "the gold standard".
I thought you said you were gonna' throw yourself off a cliff.....................

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Noctuary wrote:I wish I would have taken this route before throwing it all into "the gold standard".
I thought you said you were gonna' throw yourself off a cliff.....................
Never said that. Have you been diagnosed with dementia?

Last edited by Noctuary on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My machine: ResMed S9 Auto/H5i humidifier; in APAP mode- pressure range 8-13

Mask: Flexifit 407

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Enchanter wrote:I just got out of the hospital a day or two ago. The doctors performed UPPP surgery as well as turbinate reduction. I was told that it would be extremely painful and it sure was coming out of the Anesthesia. But I already noticed within the first 5 minutes that my breathing was about 3 to 5 times deeper and easier. No longer were my tonsils, soft palate, and turbinates getting in the way. It was just what I needed. It felt like removing golf balls and excess tissue stuck in your throat. For the past 10 years I woke up with extremely bad headaches and I would say between a scale of 1 to 10 they were about a 10. No amount of biking or weight lifting I did could bring down the headache. I always had a hard time breathing with ease, even though my oxygen was fine during waking hours. I just knew something wasn't right. But I finally got some sleep and I woke up today with no headache and this is how I used to feel 10 to 15 years ago. I still have some considerable pain from the throat and have to take my medication for a while.

This post is not to bash CPAP or any other OSA strategy. The reason I wrote this is that just in case there anyone out there who is struggling and anyone out there who happens to see this and wonders if there is anything they can use in conjunction with their CPAP therapy, I can assure you that there might be, but at the same time, everyone is different. For me, this is working and it worked exactly how I had hoped after just a day or 2. So in a sense it's been a miracle. But I also understand that there are still more obstacles to come and that my throat pain levels will go up and down. It's not exactly a therapy for the faint of heart but I'm someone that was in a desperate situation and this was the right path for me. It took a long time to schedule the appointment, but it was the right decision.
Congrats on the success. Glad you listened to your own intuition and gave an alternative to the "gold standard!" a try.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Eeyore wrote:I wish I would have taken this route before throwing it all into "the gold standard".
you and your entirely understandable wistful thinking

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:30 pm

palerider wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:
Eeyore wrote:I wish I would have taken this route before throwing it all into "the gold standard".
you and your entirely understandable wistful thinking
You and your ass-sucking retorts! Your heart pumping shit yet?

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Noctuary wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:
No, I haven't. I guess I must have taken it from the context of your incessant pissing and moaning here about how miserable you were/are. My mistake. Millions of PAP users are wrong, therefore, you must be right. All that glitters, eh ?

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:37 pm

So funny all the hell you all gave that guy, now you are wishing his SUCCESSFUL therapy will fail! Gah, what a bunch of assholes!

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Noctuary wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:
No, I haven't. I guess I must have taken it from the context of your incessant pissing and moaning here about how miserable you were/are. My mistake. Millions of PAP users are wrong, therefore, you must be right. All that glitters, eh ?
Still miserable, and despite using the goooooooold standard!

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:
it's easier to just put him on the foe list, 's not like he's ever made even a single helpful post.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:17 pm

There's a lot of things that CPAP can't fix no matter how much a person wants to blame every problem in the whole world on sleep apnea.
It can't fix Stupid.
It can't fix mental health issues unrelated to sleep apnea.
It can't fix just being an asshole.
It can't fix someone who is a pessimist in general.
It can't fix someone who can't seem to manage the therapy itself for whatever reason...valid or not.

CPAP only fixes sleep apnea stuff and there's a LONG list of things that mimic sleep apnea symptoms but aren't caused by sleep apnea and no amount of cpap therapy (no matter how good) is going to fix something that is wrong and it's unrelated to sleep apnea.
No amount of whining or bitching is going to make it happen. No amount of surgery is going to fix it either.
If they refuse to see that fact and won't work on the other stuff then they will just continue whining and bitching about how miserable life is because cpap doesn't work the miracle on them. Wallow in self pity instead of pulling up their pants and tackling the job of figuring out what else could be going on.
It's easier to throw a pity party than to do the hard work.
Which brings me to the last "it can't fix" ...it can't fix lazy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:35 pm

Congratulations again to Enchanter on you SUCCESSFUL surgery!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Congratulations, Noctuary, on your successful lobotomy.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:55 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Congratulations, Noctuary, on your successful lobotomy.
Unlike nasal surgery, not much of a chance it will grow back! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Goofproof wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Congratulations, Eeyore, on your successful lobotomy.
Unlike nasal surgery, not much of a chance it will grow back! Jim
not much evidence of there being anything there in the first place.

ewoods

Post by ewoods » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:44 pm

Gasper62 wrote:I suggest that you keep the machine around, there's a fair chance that you'll need to give it a more dedicated try when/if the surgery stops being effective in treating your apnea. It apparently happens with some frequency, that the cutters sometimes fail to mention. Good luck.
Fortunately, my doctor has been very up-front about the potential for recurrence after surgery. I've been using the machine for over two years now, and we only just recently decided that surgery might be a better option for me. Honestly, I'm at the point where I'd rather just have the surgery every few years...