Have a cold

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleeplessInBrussels

Have a cold

Post by SleeplessInBrussels » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi everyone - I have a cold - been 2 nights already. First night my pap just didn't work coz of blocked nostrils. My normally effective nose spray worked last night for about an hour then I woke up and took mask off as it just didn't work past the blocked nostrils and also felt weird with my sore throat. I think I just won't bother tonight with the mask till I'm better? Thoughts?

Thanks - SIB

BlackSpinner

Re: Have a cold

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:18 pm

SleeplessInBrussels wrote:Hi everyone - I have a cold - been 2 nights already. First night my pap just didn't work coz of blocked nostrils. My normally effective nose spray worked last night for about an hour then I woke up and took mask off as it just didn't work past the blocked nostrils and also felt weird with my sore throat. I think I just won't bother tonight with the mask till I'm better? Thoughts?

Thanks - SIB
Get a full face mask and crank the humidity up as high as it will go without rain out. Even if you have leaks it feels much better then breathing room air.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal