Hose Hanger = Higher AHI???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jbn3boys

Hose Hanger = Higher AHI???

Post by jbn3boys » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 am

Has anyone else experienced an increase in AHI when using a hose hanger, or other hose management system? Will the AHI go back down once you become accustomed to the hose hanger?

I recently started using a hose hanger, since I had noticed that my Vibratory Snore had increased. I assumed this was from the increase in blankets on the bed now that it is getting cold. I don't really put much stock into VS, but figured if I could decrease it, it may help in the long run. However, my AHI numbers jumped from an average of 2-3.5 up to an average of 4-5.5

I have to say, I kind of like the hose hanger after using it for about a week. I never had before, but this time, it seems pretty handy. But then again, I really never minded "managing" the hose myself, either. I'd like to keep using it, but if my AHI is going to be increased (and yes, symptoms are increased as well), then I will quit using it. However, if it is just a matter of a time of adjustment, I'd hate to throw in the towel, so to speak, to soon.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

jbn3boys

Re: Hose Hanger = Higher AHI???

Post by jbn3boys » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Bump....hoping for some insight now that the holiday is past.

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

purple

Post by purple » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Hose hanger should make it easier to keep the hose from pulling on the mask, thereby reduce leaks, and some other comfort factors in using hose hanger.

Could be pulling on the mask instead. Might it be the adjustment of the mask, or maybe you need a new mask. Maybe it is not the hose hanger causing the issue.

Not sure what I can suggest. but BUMP

moresleep

Post by moresleep » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 pm

If there really is a change, it must be mask leaks. Sounds like some experiements are in order. It might be that you are not allowing enough slack in the hose on your side of the hanger.