How Many machines do you have?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

How many xPAP machines do you have?

Only 1 Why would I need more?
47%
2 - 1 primary 1 spare/travel
35%
7%
3%
5 or more
4%
I have extra's wanna buy one?
3%

Total votes: 116

Mikesus

How Many machines do you have?

Post by Mikesus » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:50 am

Ok, some of us have more than a few machines. Lets see how many.

Kristy5550

Post by Kristy5550 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:11 pm

I have had 2, but when I got the second cpap I donated my original to a local Dr.s office. They were thrilled to get it.
Sweet dreams,
Kris :-)

Davidmcc

Post by Davidmcc » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:26 pm

Having just commenced CPAP My new "state of the art" Remstar Auto with Cflex is enough. Maybe in two to three years, excepting machine failure, which I am assured is most unlikely, or a breakthrough in the treatment of OSA, I will wish to update to whatever the then current whiz bang machine is, and keep my current machine as a backup, but until then I would not even consider buying another one.

Mikesus

Post by Mikesus » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:57 pm

I also have the Remstar Auto with Cflex, I also have a Remstar Pro with cflex that I picked up as a spare. (the guy actually had a couple and made me an offer I couldn't refuse ) I figure if I have to run off battery or inverter I didn't want to risk the good machine.

Mikesus

Post by Mikesus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:55 am

Seems that the majority are single xpap owners... Interesting.

Wondering if it was RG that has extras too...

dankazoo

Number of CPAPs

Post by dankazoo » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:27 am

I've got two-a Remstar Pro and a Puritan Bennett 420E (after being on the forum and getting my education). The 420E is my travel machine due to size and weight-its/not mine.
Dan

lynn

Post by lynn » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:58 am

I voted for "1, why would I need more?" only because there wasn't another choice. Didn't want to include the "why would I need more" part. We want more! Hubby and I each have Remstar Pro2 C-Flex's and we are going to buy second machines so that we don't have to drag our machines back and forth across the mountains to Seattle every week to the boat. We were going to jump in and buy right away, but Doc suggested we hold off as he thinks there are going to be major improvements and innovations in machines in the near future. Smaller would sure be better. So we are going to hang and see what happens in the next several months. Also we can wait until our Prepaid Medical new year starts again (September?) as we have exhausted those funds this year already. Also want to buy a small travel one, which would also serve as a backup. Sure wish they'd come out with a SMALL one with C-FLEX!

lynn

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:49 am

Mike, if you had offered "How many do you have right now?" I'd click "One." My Respironics Remstar Auto/C-flex.

Other people now have my other machines. Not because I didn't like the machines. I've liked all three different autos I've used - 420E, two Remstars (one without, one with -C-flex), Spirit. Each one had at least one feature about it that I wished the others had.

Now that I think about it, I didn't even count the machine I probably should praise the most for a personal reason. The lifesaver that got me started. The big, noisy, Healthdyne Tranquility single pressure straight CPAP that I borrowed one October night in 2003. Woke up the next morning realizing - "this works."

2listless

Machines

Post by 2listless » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:21 am

I presently only have the Remstar Auto with CFLEX - after the night I had last night (think I was searching for peeps with LDuyer), I believe that I may have 1 machine too many. So frustrated! But Happy Easter anyway!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:38 am

I just voted two machines: one spare and one travel.

So what's the purpose of the survey, Mike? An entertainment-based poll?

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:42 am

-SWS wrote:I just voted two machines: one spare and one travel.

So what's the purpose of the survey, Mike? An entertainment-based poll?
SWS --
I think we all like the polls, we like to vote for something, anything, sometimes it doesn't even matter what. We just love our polls!
I was thinking of starting a poll of how many peeps people ate on Easter Sunday. But that might be going too far. Ha!

Mikesus

Post by Mikesus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:25 pm

Amusment more than anything... I made a bulk purchase of machines and my wife commented that a few months ago I didn't have any, and now I have, ahem in her words, "too many"

glassgal

Post by glassgal » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:47 pm

I have 1 machine, but I would like more! I am saving up my money for some purchases, and would eventually like to try the C-flex auto machine, but first I want to get a heated hose and an Aura mask. I am already addicted to the technology bug and want to try out other machines and masks. I currently have a PB420E, which does very well for me. I like being able to monitor things with the software also.

Interesting results so far -- I would have expected a higher number of folks out there with 2 or more!

Sleep well,

Jane

trjeep

Post by trjeep » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:26 pm

I have two machines. Resmed S6 Elite w/ humidaire and a Remstar Pro w/ cflex and humidifier. I'm working towards getting one of the auto machines, soon as I can manage the cashflow. The S6 is the backup. I use the Remstar for travel and home.

kathleen

Post by kathleen » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:37 pm

I have two -- but only had one for 5 years even though I knew I couldn't possibly sleep if something happened to it. And it took major begging to get my doctor to write the script and paperwork for the second.

Unforunately he's a big believer in managed care. <sigh>