at the moment I'm in love with my asv machine - i slept 14

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
archangle

Re: at the moment I'm in love with my asv machine - i slept 14

Post by archangle » Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 am

Obviously, the aliens kidnapped him and he's been replaced by a pod creature.

My sleep's been really screwed up lately, and it's not uncommon for me to wake up, look at the clock and have no idea whether it's telling me it's 8 AM or 8 PM.

Congratulations. Keep us posted. It cheers me up when someone finally fights their way through to CPAP heaven.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Xney

Post by Xney » Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 am

Very cool - how are you feeling?

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Mon May 06, 2013 6:33 am

archangle wrote:... My sleep's been really screwed up lately, and it's not uncommon for me to wake up, look at the clock and have no idea whether it's telling me it's 8 AM or 8 PM. ...
Archangle, I am SO sorry ... We've all been there and done that. No fun. Hope things turn around soon for you!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 am

Xney wrote:Very cool - how are you feeling?
really good, I go through the whole day as if i've just finished a glass of really nice wine ( and i don't drink at all anymore since i've got all that tylenol and ibuprofin cooking my liver as it is) is the best way i can explain it - i wasn't depressed at all before but i feel REALLY mellow now

and thanks so much for asking

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Mon May 06, 2013 12:15 pm

its so true! I thought I was making progress and then it screeched to a halt. Darn aliens!

imfletch

Post by imfletch » Mon May 06, 2013 12:57 pm

John,
The "dogs hung in there" because it was PROBABLY the first good night sleep THEY had had in a long, long time as well!
Jim Fletcher

Reach me at: imfletch@mediacombb.net

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Mon May 06, 2013 1:12 pm

imfletch wrote:John,
The "dogs hung in there" because it was PROBABLY the first good night sleep THEY had had in a long, long time as well!
These are all old dogs that i took in - one from a neighbor who had died and then his kids couldn't manage them after a divorce and they ended up in the local pound and then another one that i took in as a foster around 3 years ago ( she was found wandering in the bronx and looks like a real ugly junk yard dog so no one ever showed any interest in adopting her - she's a total sweetie). They are all now over 9 or 10 years old and sleep about 23 hours a day but they follow me from room to room all day long. if adopting dogs, consider old ones, they REALLY appreciate it.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

johnthomasmacdonald wrote:... if adopting dogs, consider old ones, they REALLY appreciate it. ...
Don't we all?

But good for you for adopting dogs!! Our current and last dog were adopted. Couldn't be happier. They sometimes have "problems", but don't all of us come with some baggage. None of it was something we couldn't handle with a little tender loving care.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon May 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Last summer a pup about 4 months old came up. It was the most pitiful looking creature I had ever seen. It looked like it was all head and it made you wonder how that scrawny body could even hold it up. We gave him food and he left. He could barely walk. We thought he crawled off to die. He came back with his brother. They are still here now but they are healthy with shining coats. They don't look like they ever missed a meal. We should have taken a picture of the poor things then but we never expected them to survive. My husband took one of our other dogs from a neighbor. It is a little long haired Jack Russel. They had it chained up with no food and water. He kept her fed and eventually told them they had to get it something for her fleas and ticks. Long story short he just took her and she has been our dog ever since.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Stormynights wrote:Last summer a pup about 4 months old came up. It was the most pitiful looking creature I had ever seen. It looked like it was all head and it made you wonder how that scrawny body could even hold it up. We gave him food and he left. He could barely walk. We thought he crawled off to die. He came back with his brother. They are still here now but they are healthy with shining coats. They don't look like they ever missed a meal. We should have taken a picture of the poor things then but we never expected them to survive. My husband took one of our other dogs from a neighbor. It is a little long haired Jack Russel. They had it chained up with no food and water. He kept her fed and eventually told them they had to get it something for her fleas and ticks. Long story short he just took her and she has been our dog ever since.
We've got a homeless middle-aged blind guy camping in the woods not far from us, white cane and all, plus I personally know he's not faking it. This has been going on for two years. This last winter, during the rainy season, I was tempted to let him stay in our oversized shed, maybe rent a portable toilet - however my wife is distrustful of the down-and-out types (she's had some encounters, so I don't blame her). He seems very proud, maybe a little unbalanced, but who isn't these days?. He plays guitar at a nearby mall for money and surprisingly he's really professional level.

I'm fairly sure he'd be offended by my offer, since he's so gruff and almost doesn't acknowledge me... but how great can it be camping in the scrub-land next to Hwy 1? And being blind to boot?

Anyone have an opinion?

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
Stormynights wrote:Last summer a pup about 4 months old came up. It was the most pitiful looking creature I had ever seen. It looked like it was all head and it made you wonder how that scrawny body could even hold it up. We gave him food and he left. He could barely walk. We thought he crawled off to die. He came back with his brother. They are still here now but they are healthy with shining coats. They don't look like they ever missed a meal. We should have taken a picture of the poor things then but we never expected them to survive. My husband took one of our other dogs from a neighbor. It is a little long haired Jack Russel. They had it chained up with no food and water. He kept her fed and eventually told them they had to get it something for her fleas and ticks. Long story short he just took her and she has been our dog ever since.
We've got a homeless middle-aged blind guy camping in the woods not far from us, white cane and all, plus I personally know he's not faking it. This has been going on for two years. This last winter, during the rainy season, I was tempted to let him stay in our oversized shed, maybe rent a portable toilet - however my wife is distrustful of the down-and-out types (she's had some encounters, so I don't blame her). He seems very proud, maybe a little unbalanced, but who isn't these days?. He plays guitar at a nearby mall for money and surprisingly he's really professional level.

I'm fairly sure he'd be offended by my offer, since he's so gruff and almost doesn't acknowledge me... but how great can it be camping in the scrub-land next to Hwy 1? And being blind to boot?

Anyone have an opinion?
My husband would have moved him in our house within the first week. I have taken blankets, coats and even pizza and left them out near where homeless people live. You can help without taking them in your home. He may be a good man deserving of help but he could have serious mental problems. It is so hard to know what to do anymore. More than likely he is legally blind and not totally blind.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon May 06, 2013 10:02 pm

JohnBFisher wrote:
archangle wrote:... My sleep's been really screwed up lately, and it's not uncommon for me to wake up, look at the clock and have no idea whether it's telling me it's 8 AM or 8 PM. ...
Archangle, I am SO sorry ... We've all been there and done that. No fun. Hope things turn around soon for you!
Thanks.

I've learned to live with it fairly well. There are some costs to social life, etc., but it beats not getting enough sleep. I'd starve without 24 hour/late night grocery stores. Actually looking at my waistline, maybe that wouldn't be so bad either.

I probably should fight a little harder to stay on schedule, though.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.