Looking For Tips On How To Interact With The Doctor

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg Riddle

Re: Looking For Tips On How To Interact With The Doctor

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm supposed to take the sd card with me when I do my follow up visit. If she has any issues she cab look at the days herself
Probably be good to take a months worth of data every time you visit doctor

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Good news! They have opening Wednesday! I won't have to wait as long.

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 am

Greg Riddle wrote:I'm supposed to take the sd card with me when I do my follow up visit. If she has any issues she cab look at the days herself
Probably be good to take a months worth of data every time you visit doctor
My machine has an SD card and the sleep tech never removed it. How can she be totally informed if she doesn't look at that data? Surely the doctor will look at it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 am

Mike208 wrote:Surely the doctor will look at it.
:ROFL: :SNERK:

maybe, if you're REALLY lucky.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:24 am

palerider wrote:

LOL!

And as I have experienced, even if the doctor looks at the card, she may not even interpret things correctly.

49er

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 am

palerider wrote:

Did I say something funny?

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 am

Seriously though. I WILL ask him to look at the data and go over it with me. Inquiring minds want to know. You know?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:44 am

Mike208 wrote:Seriously though. I WILL ask him to look at the data and go over it with me. Inquiring minds want to know. You know?
You might be told not to obsess over things you can't understand and offered meds for your "problem"

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:49 am

Mike208 wrote:Seriously though. I WILL ask him to look at the data and go over it with me. Inquiring minds want to know. You know?
Hi Mike,

Here is a made up phrase for you - "cynical humor". When a someone says something that may not be realistic because of cynicism from past experiences, we start laughing at the absurdity of what someone is saying. It is not really funny but it is in a sick way. We don't mean it as a disrespect of you but of the situation. I hope that makes sense.

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 am

49er wrote:
Hi Mike,

Here is a made up phrase for you - "cynical humor". When a someone says something that may not be realistic because of cynicism from past experiences, we start laughing at the absurdity of what someone is saying. It is not really funny but it is in a sick way. We don't mean it as a disrespect of you but of the situation. I hope that makes sense.
Oh, I understand. I'm the same way. I have yet to experience the things you folks have, as far as doctors and sleep techs. but I'm quickly getting the feel for it.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 am

Mike208 wrote:
49er wrote:
Hi Mike,

Oh, I understand. I'm the same way. I have yet to experience the things you folks have, as far as doctors and sleep techs. but I'm quickly getting the feel for it.
Hopefully, you won't join our club but I can't say I am optimistic.

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 am

49er wrote:
Mike208 wrote:
49er wrote:
Hi Mike,

Hopefully, you won't join our club but I can't say I am optimistic.
Don't count me out yet. I like clubs.

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 am

I attempted to start a CPAP club at the local McDonald's we go to for daily doses of coffee and wisdom. I was going to call it The Nozzle Heads. Wasn't well received.

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Good luck with that one!!

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

Mike208

Post by Mike208 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Well, saw the doctor. He said I have not given it much of a chance to work, that I have adjusted the pressure way down and then up, not allowing myself to get accustomed to the machine. My point was that the initial pressure was not working, the reduced pressure set by the sleep tech did not work, so I reduced it further, which did not work. I noticed the AHI's were up so I took the pressure back up. Still had the air in the belly issues, still fighting to exhale, and the AHI was still up. I also brought up the fact that my GERD seems worse since using the machine. He said that doesn't happen, that he has never seen CPAP make reflux worse. He said, in fact, it helps. Okay, well, not for me.
So, here's what we're doing. He set the machine on 11 with a reduced pressure upon exhaling. I think that's 6. He said to wear the mask an hour before bed and that will help me to get accustomed to it. I see them again in three weeks. If I'm still having issue then it will be fairly obvious that I can not tolerate CPAP. Gee, ya think?