Need recommendation for nasal mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleepysuz

Need recommendation for nasal mask

Post by Sleepysuz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 pm

I have been using medium Airfit p10 nasal pillows and Nuance Gel air pillows. Both size medium
Got a sore nose now where the pillows rest.as on chemotherapy and thought I'd try a nasal mask,
Looking at several types. Assume need medium. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Sleepysuz

Last edited by Sleepysuz on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minky

Re: Need recommendation for nasal mask

Post by Minky » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I love the Eson by F&P. It doesn't leak, even when sleeping on my side. It's very comfortable.

I also sometimes use pillows and find that I'm a medium in pillows, but use a size small cushion for the Eson. My nose isn't overly large, but is also not small. I also use and really like the Wisp AND the Wisp comes with cushions in three sizes, so you can't order the wrong size. I find that both of these masks are rather unobtrusive, which is important if you're used to pillows.

Good luck!

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Pillows will not touch your nose, whereas a nasal mask is like a small FFM. I'd suggest you try a P10 and make sure you use the biggest pillows you can

adrianne

Post by adrianne » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:36 pm

I love the Zest by F&P. I was miserable with nasal pillows and then I tried this mask and boom. I find I don't even notice it at all and can even sleep with my face in the pillow, etc.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks for replies. Nose is raw like when you have a bad cold due to chemotherapy. I thought sleep apnea was going to be my big medical concern for 2015. Never imagined it would be cancer
Is gel or silicone better? Appreciate suggestions. Can't do FFM as it makes me swallow air

bbrs074

Post by bbrs074 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:27 am

Hi there. Just want to reinforce some of the other suggestions. I've been using an F&P Eson nasal mask also, I get a 100% fit (i.e. no leaks) and often feel I can barely tell I have it on I think the most important consideration for nasal masks is to get the smallest size that will fit. For me it was one size smaller than what I thought I needed. A tight fit around your nose goes a long way towards assuring a leak free fit without having to tighten your head straps. In fact, over the last few days I have gradually loosened my straps to the point that they just barely press on my face. During the night I sometimes forget I have the mask on....which is great.

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 am

Wi

,v
Check out thar brand. Today after a. Jght with the nuance gel pillows I look and feel like I w as I'm a fight. The contact makes the skin raw and red.
Any other brands I might want to consider.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 am

There's no relation to nasal pillow size and nasal cushion mask size. Nasal pillows go by nostril opening size and the over the nose masks go by nose size especially the width across the area where the nostrils are.
You might look at the Respironics Wisp mask as it comes in a package with multiple sizes to choose from.
The Swift FX Nano cushion mask you have to measure your nose first as it only comes with one cushion but there's a measuring guide available that is really easy to use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

NWA

Post by NWA » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 am

f&p ESON !

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:05 am

I think you will find that using the size large nasal pillows on the P-10 will make all the difference. I started out with the medium and thought this mask won't work, it hurts my nostrils.......then wallah!!

Good luck,

Janice

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran