Airfit F20 vs original Quattro sizing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Denial Dave

Airfit F20 vs original Quattro sizing

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:04 pm

After using my Quattro FFM successfully for 5+ years, I'm considering trying out the Airfit F20. But I'm not sure about sizing.

Is a medium Quattro the same as a medium F20?

Anyone had success with the F20 with higher pressures?

My current bipap setting is 17 / 15. AHI is almost always under 1.0

Thanks Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

palerider

Re: Airfit F20 vs original Quattro sizing

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Denial Dave wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:04 pm
After using my Quattro FFM successfully for 5+ years, I'm considering trying out the Airfit F20. But I'm not sure about sizing.

Is a medium Quattro the same as a medium F20?
I wouldn't bet on it... but you can download a sizing guide off the net, and find out for sure.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Some users have reported that the differences are significant enough to
put them into a different size. YMMV, of course.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm

I have used both and found them to be the same... I always used M in the Quattro and was told that I would need a L in the F20. I tried it and found it to be too big. I exchanged it for a M and it fit fine......BUT...I didn't like it as well as the Quattro. Meanwhile, I have tried the F&P Simplus and like it a lot.

old dude

Post by old dude » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 pm

LSAT wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm
I have used both and found them to be the same... I always used M in the Quattro and was told that I would need a L in the F20. I tried it and found it to be too big. I exchanged it for a M and it fit fine......BUT...I didn't like it as well as the Quattro. Meanwhile, I have tried the F&P Simplus and like it a lot.
LSAT, are you finding the Simplus sizing to be similar to the F20? I always take the biggest size I can get in FFMs but I'm currently trying a Simplus and it seems like the large may actually be too big.

MrsRinPDX

Post by MrsRinPDX » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 am

Here's the link to the F20 sizing pdf if you don't already have it https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents ... er_eng.pdf .

I use the Airfit F20 most nights. My pressures are 18/14.

Additional Comments: Pressures: IPAP 18/ EPAP 14; Secondary mask - Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:20 am

old dude wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 pm
LSAT wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm
LSAT, are you finding the Simplus sizing to be similar to the F20? I always take the biggest size I can get in FFMs but I'm currently trying a Simplus and it seems like the large may actually be too big.
I use a M in all 3 masks without leaks Ed

bierhere

Post by bierhere » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:43 am

I switched from the mirage Quattro to the F20. I was right in between the medium and large on the Mirage Quattro. Was original given the large and found medium worked better.

On the F20 I used the sizing chart and went with the large. The mask has been great and my leak rates are way down. I also find straps easier to use and they fit better on the head

I’m at a apap pressure most nights around 15

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:10 am

Thanks for all the tips

According to Resmed, the S, M & L cushions will work on the frames, but what I can't find are dimensions for the frame. There's nothing on the Resmed site regarding dimensions and CPAP.com help simply referred me back to the sizing chart. Which have never been accurate for me over the years. Which is why I have asked for help here from users.

What is still unclear to me is whether or not there's just one size frame. Or are there really 3 different sized frames for the F20?

If there's only 1 size frame, then it would appear that you simply vary the size of cushion & straps to suit your needs.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 am

Denial Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:10 am

What is still unclear to me is whether or not there's just one size frame. Or are there really 3 different sized frames for the F20?

If there's only 1 size frame, then it would appear that you simply vary the size of cushion & straps to suit your needs.
There is only one size frame

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 am
Denial Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:10 am

There is only one size frame
Agree