Sleepyhead seems to not be showing my actual sleep time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
coconut

Re: Sleepyhead seems to not be showing my actual sleep time

Post by coconut » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm

palerider - would it be helpful for me to also send a zipped file of the "virgin" SD card which fragmented in different-length chunks? LMK

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:04 pm

The "virgin" SD card will be missing the flow rate graph data files...those might be important in bug squashing...I don't know but I would think the old card is the better card for bug hunting.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm

coconut wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm
palerider - would it be helpful for me to also send a zipped file of the "virgin" SD card which fragmented in different-length chunks? LMK
The more data on the card, the better... so I wouldn't think so, thanks though.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:28 pm

BrianinTN wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:51 pm
I posted about this same issue with the same machine (PR 60 series ASV) a couple weeks ago:
https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=174673

So yes, it does seem like it's an issue with Sleepyhead and our ASVs.

As I mentioned in my comments in that thread, the Sleepyhead 1.1 beta exhibited this bug the same as in 1.0.0-beta-2.

@palerider, if a second SD card upload would be helpful, let me know, and I'm happy to provide mine. It has sporadic data going back to 2011.
Sure, I'll pass it on, hopefully someone on the new project will come up with a file request link I can pass out to people, instead of my being an intermediary.

Could you write up a little 'readme' describing what you're seeing, so that the devs know what to look for with that data set, and put in the zip file, or upload it separately and I'll combine them.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm
coconut wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm
The more data on the card, the better... so I wouldn't think so, thanks though.
For what it's worth, I loaded into my sleepyhead, and I see the same thing... sleep session starting at 12:30 going till 9am, duration under 2 hours... big gaps in the pressure and leak data while there's breathing flow... :scratching head:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm
For what it's worth, I loaded into my sleepyhead, and I see the same thing... sleep session starting at 12:30 going till 9am, duration under 2 hours... big gaps in the pressure and leak data while there's breathing flow... :scratching head:
Stubborn SleepyHead bug. :lol:
I have run into this in the past with others having weird SH data reported and Encore not confirming it and I have them send me the files and my SH shows same messed up data and my Encore shows as it should.
Even when I was using the 960 I would sometimes see weird reports and sometimes not and Encore was always as it should.
I never could figure out what or why it was happening.
The guy at acbio.com...Ian...He ran into the same problem with his 960 and Sleepyhead.
We never could sort it out. Spent a lot of time scratching my head and finally had to move on.
Encore was always spot on though or at least as it would be expected.
It's very similar to the problem that Chalkie in England has with SH and his 1060 machine. SleepyHead just doesn't seem to catch all the hours of use and it's not necessarily tied to missing sessions either.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 pm
palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm
Stubborn SleepyHead bug. :lol:
I have run into this in the past with others having weird SH data reported and Encore not confirming it and I have them send me the files and my SH shows same messed up data and my Encore shows as it should.
Even when I was using the 960 I would sometimes see weird reports and sometimes not and Encore was always as it should.
I never could figure out what or why it was happening.
The guy at acbio.com...Ian...He ran into the same problem with his 960 and Sleepyhead.
We never could sort it out. Spent a lot of time scratching my head and finally had to move on.
Encore was always spot on though or at least as it would be expected.
It's very similar to the problem that Chalkie in England has with SH and his 1060 machine. SleepyHead just doesn't seem to catch all the hours of use and it's not necessarily tied to missing sessions either.
Sleepyhead... works well for most things, but when you get into the weeds a bit, the bugs are the size of mastodons.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:32 am

I'm not sure complaining about an unstable alpha build having bugs in new machine support is all that constructive or useful, especially considering y'all got it for free and there was literally ZERO manufacturer documentation to help things move along any quicker.

That 1.1.0 build was "unstable" alpha code, it's main purpose was for testing a static-built single binary packaging method, not explicitly highlighting fully functional DreamStation BIPAP support, I needed a lot more sample data with matching generated Encore reports to pull that off at the time.

No follow-ups came after it because it uncovered a critical flaw that needed correcting, which by an absolute CRAPLOAD of work on my part did get corrected, and after that, I focused on redesigning PRS1/DreamStation and ResMed importers.

DreamStation BIPAP (and everything ResMed) works MUCH better in 2.0, but I had to finish my code review and reworking (literally) EVERYTHING to the new database so 2.0 could be "feature complete" before the code was anywhere near release worthy.

Some development tasks simply aren't parallelizable...This was not something I could have divided up and delegated to have it completed any quicker. It was a task that needed to be done RIGHT by the person who wrote the designed the software, and I didn't really have anyone trustworthy or skilled enough to help with any of it anyway.

Anyway, thanks to recent events, now I get to twiddle my thumbs and have a long hard think about what I want to do with the really-not-all-that-far-from-being-complete 2.0 codebase, along with these nice shiny new DreamStation BIPAP and Resmed importers I created in delightful peace and quiet, that nobody wanted me to work on in the first place.

There's been way too much looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, and I'm fed up with people treating me like crap for trying to help others.

If y'all needed to crucify someone to get things to move quicker, I was the wrong choice. I was a month away from being done, but now, I'm just DONE with ever wanting to help people again.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:46 am

jedimark wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:32 am
I'm not sure complaining about an unstable alpha build having bugs in new machine support is all that constructive or useful, especially considering y'all got it for free and there was literally ZERO manufacturer documentation to help things move along any quicker.

That 1.1.0 build was "unstable" alpha code,
Perhaps, in your state, you missed the *fact* that it's in 1.0, which has been out for *years*.
jedimark wrote:
DreamStation BIPAP
This isn't a Dreamstation.
jedimark wrote:
(and everything ResMed) works MUCH better in 2.0,
Allegedly.
jedimark wrote:
Anyway, thanks to recent events,
Your irrational behavior.
jedimark wrote:
now I get to twiddle my thumbs
Your choice.
jedimark wrote:
that nobody wanted me to work on in the first place.
The only nobody was in your head.
jedimark wrote:
There's been way too much looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, and I'm fed up with people treating me like crap for trying to help others.
This "gift horse" *hah* bites, and kicks, and bucks.... (in addition to being lame in three legs. The only person that's treated you like crap... is YOU.
jedimark wrote:
If y'all needed to crucify someone to get things to move quicker, I was the wrong choice. I was a month away from being done, but now, I'm just DONE with ever wanting to help people again.
When will you be done with the belly aching, whining, finger pointing, and projection of your internal problems?

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 am

Both are supported in the same module, and are both have the similar 9XX model number... Same family, different version. That entire module was reworked.
Ignoring the rest of paleriders small minded bullying attempts for now.

coconut, can you open up your PROP.txt / Properties.txt file and have a look at your Family & FamilyVersion (or FV) and full ModelNumber (or MN)... It will explain a lot because "there are some "60 series" looking black box AVAPS/ASV machines that are DFV3, same as Dreamstation." (those particular machines NEED the DreamStation support code to function.)

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:03 pm

jedimark wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 am
coconut, can you open up your PROP.txt / Properties.txt file and have a look at your Family & FamilyVersion (or FV) and full ModelNumber (or MN)... It will explain a lot because "there are some "60 series" looking black box AVAPS/ASV machines that are DFV3, same as Dreamstation." (those particular machines NEED the DreamStation support code to function.)
So, the older 60 series needs something that didn't exist yet to function... makes sense.

Ever helpful. No wonder 1.0 doesn't work, it was waiting on the future to arrive. :roll:

I must say, though, Mark, this is your least psychotic post yet, maybe you're on the road to recovery. :thumbs up:

BrianinTN

Post by BrianinTN » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:28 pm
BrianinTN wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:51 pm
I posted about this same issue with the same machine (PR 60 series ASV) a couple weeks ago:
https://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=174673

So yes, it does seem like it's an issue with Sleepyhead and our ASVs.

As I mentioned in my comments in that thread, the Sleepyhead 1.1 beta exhibited this bug the same as in 1.0.0-beta-2.

@palerider, if a second SD card upload would be helpful, let me know, and I'm happy to provide mine. It has sporadic data going back to 2011.
Sure, I'll pass it on, hopefully someone on the new project will come up with a file request link I can pass out to people, instead of my being an intermediary.

Could you write up a little 'readme' describing what you're seeing, so that the devs know what to look for with that data set, and put in the zip file, or upload it separately and I'll combine them.
Upload complete, along with a brief bug description and my specs from the properties file, which for the record here as well are:
ModelNumber=960P
ProductType=0x4a
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=1
SoftwareVersion=V2.00
This should be easy to reproduce. Thanks!

coconut

Post by coconut » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 pm

JediMark -

Many thanks for your reply! I think sleepyhead is amazingly cool, even if I haven't used it much - 'way cooler than EncorePro - and the investment of time to make it work had to be huge. I'm surprised by the acrimony between posters here, seems to be some history... (BTW, I tried to make a modest donation through your old site on general principles, and the paypal link crashed repeatedly & ultimately didn't work. I mention that since you might want to check that out).

The info in my properties.txt file is:

SerialNumber=P14418796529B
ModelNumber=960P
ProductType=0x4a
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=1
SoftwareVersion=V3.00
FirstDate=1438206968
LastDate=1550609770
BasicKey=2c640108d800
DetailsKey=ce45023714ed
ErrorKey=000004006760
PatientFolderNum=7
PatientFileNum=327
EquipFileNum=0
ValidCheck=bba9

For what it's worth, that machine worked perfectly well, flawless, with Sleepyhead right up until when it didn't, the last data upload which was like 72 days' worth of data. Then "something" happened which causes Sleepyhead to chop the sessions into identical-sized blocks while throwing much of the data out... and Encore still works.

best

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:51 pm

BrianinTN wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Upload complete, along with a brief bug description and my specs from the properties file, which for the record here as well are:
ModelNumber=960P
ProductType=0x4a
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=1
SoftwareVersion=V2.00
This should be easy to reproduce. Thanks!
Got it!

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm

coconut wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 pm
JediMark -

Many thanks for your reply! I think sleepyhead is amazingly cool, even if I haven't used it much - 'way cooler than EncorePro - and the investment of time to make it work had to be huge. I'm surprised by the acrimony between posters here, seems to be some history...
There has been a lot of work on sleepyhead, many hundreds of hours on my part alone, along with many other people, some listed on the sleepyhead credits page (written in Mark's stable periods.)

All of it discounted by Mark when he gets into his recurring paranoid delusional state where he thinks, wrongly, that everyone is out to get him, and he starts spewing lies.

He spins a compelling tale, and unfortunately it suckers in people that don't know better.

Nobody wants Mark to get help and medication, and get back to a level headed rational place more than I do. When he's rational, he's a nice guy, and fun to chat with. Knowing what he's like when he's rational makes seeing these irrational events even harder, but that doesn't mean the total falsehoods he continues to spread should be allowed to stand uncorrected.

Last edited by palerider on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR