ASV keeps restarting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepinow

ASV keeps restarting

Post by sleepinow » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:48 am

Hey yall,

My machine is constantly turning on and off which has never happened before. I have had it randomly shut off once in a blue moon but this is constant now. I have an older Respironics 950 ASV Advanced machine. I was thinking of ordering a new power supply but as of right now im not sure what to do. I dont get any errors but it just keeps resetting. Last night it worked flawlessly. Any suggestions?

Min EPAP: 13.0 CmH20
Min Pressure Support: 3.5
Max EPAP: 25.0
Max Pressure Support: 5.0
Max Pressure: 20.0
Flex Setting: Bi-Flex - 3
Backup Rate:Auto
Humidification Mode:off
Humidifier Setting:c5

LSAT

Re: ASV keeps restarting

Post by LSAT » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:23 am

Check the wall outlet. The machine's plug may not be fitting tight. Also try another outlet.

sleepinow

Post by sleepinow » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:07 am

I just did and it still happens.

Is the power supply supposed to be kind of little hot but not too hot after running it for like 5 minutes?

When I turned on the machine it was running normally and then after like 5 minutes it started resseting itself. I ordered a used power supply on EBay does anyone have a better link one perferably with a good return policy incase the power supply isnt the issue.

Also earlier this night when the resetting for the first time started happening, I slept around 2 1/2 hours before the problem started

sleepinow

Post by sleepinow » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:14 am

I also dont know if I did a made a good choice by buying the power supply. I'm being desperate right now

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:42 am

sleepinow wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:48 am
Hey yall,

My machine is constantly turning on and off which has never happened before. I have had it randomly shut off once in a blue moon but this is constant now.
That's exactly the symptoms my PR System One BiPAP Auto (750) had when it died. Fortunately it was my back up machine at the time, but I was trying to make sure that it would work for a camping trip.

I think you may just accept that you need to replace the machine. They don't last forever.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls