Wrong Usage Time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Horrorbiz78

Wrong Usage Time

Post by Horrorbiz78 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:57 pm

Hello,

I started on my sleep therapy on Monday using a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV BIPAP. In the My Air app it’s displaying the wrong usage time. I work nights so I go to bed between 6a to 8am.

Is there something in the settings that’s not set correctly that making it display the wrong time?

vandownbytheriver

Re: Wrong Usage Time

Post by vandownbytheriver » Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:14 pm

There's an internal clock you can set... you may have to Erase Data to do that, depending on if you want to advance it (no problem) or retard it (hates that!). The deal is that it's got data stored in microprocessor memory that conflicts with setting the time backward... the old overlapping time problem. You can pull the SD card to save the nights you've already got on it before doing the Erase. The SD card will hold your hi-res data... you probably should get in the habit of using Oscar (free app) or SleepHQ (free website) to archive and examine your sleep data... I use both, love geeking out on that stuff:

www.sleepfiles.com/oscar
www.sleephq.com

Oscar's better for personal use, SHQ is better for sharing a night's data here.

Another thing is that Resmed days start and end at noon... perhaps that's your issue. If you sleep past noon it will break it into two days... the time after will be added to the next day. No fixing that, just the way it is. Maybe you can just set the clock 12 hours off to prevent splitting the sessions? Haven't tried that, probably would work.

To get into the Clinical Menu push and hold Home and big silver button at the same time... 3 seconds later you get Settings, where you can get in trouble if you're not careful. This is where you do the Clock Time changes and Erase Data if necessary. Good luck!

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:35 pm

Horrorbiz78 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:57 pm
Hello,

I started on my sleep therapy on Monday using a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV BIPAP. In the My Air app it’s displaying the wrong usage time. I work nights so I go to bed between 6a to 8am.

Is there something in the settings that’s not set correctly that making it display the wrong time?
ResMed machines start a new day at noon. So when you get up, (after 12PM) you'll only see the time you slept from 12PM till you got up. The sleep you had before 12PM is found the day before.
The machines add up the total time between todays midday and the next sleep time till midday to calculate your "total usage". Which means that if you go to sleep at 8AM, and sleep till 2PM,, you'll have 4 hours in yesterday's sleep report, and only 2 in today's. The other 2 hours (today's12PM to 2 PM) will be added to the time you sleep tomorrow till noon.

Basically to know how much you've really slept, you have to scroll back one day and look at that day's report till noon.

If you want your machine to report your sleep session in one "day" you should probably change it clock, to fit with your schedule.

Let's assume your 8AM sleep start is the equivalent of most people's 11 or 12 PM. So you change the time on your machine to show 11PM when the real, standard time is actually 8AM. That way, you'll have better track of your "night's" sleep session.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Horrorbiz78

Post by Horrorbiz78 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:40 am

It’s strange that they have it set from noon to noon. People’s sleep schedule are all different, I have (3) days were I work from 630p till Why have it set to when you go to bed till you wake up, like a 24 setting.

Thank you for the info.

Matt

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:48 am

Horrorbiz78 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:40 am
It’s strange that they have it set from noon to noon. People’s sleep schedule are all different, I have (3) days were I work from 630p till Why have it set to when you go to bed till you wake up, like a 24 setting.

Thank you for the info.
They had to make a decision about when to switch from one day's sleep to the next - and I assume they figured that for most people, after noon is nap time. Before noon is "sleeping late".

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Horrorbiz78

Post by Horrorbiz78 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:54 am

That makes sense.

I went through and added my usage times and it seemed like the usage time was right. I would rather see it like if I slept from 6a to 2p that’s a 8hrs. They should have done it from midnight to midnights

Matt

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:43 am

Horrorbiz78 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:54 am
... They should have done it from midnight to midnights
No - for the vast majority of people (who sleep at night), splitting the "day" at midnight would break up their data. Splitting it at midday suits most people. It's unfortunate for shift workers like yourself, but they need to cater for the majority.
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:58 am

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:14 pm
There's an internal clock you can set... you may have to Erase Data to do that,
All ResMed machines prior to the AirSense/AirCurve 11 models have a clock that the user can set and it does NOT require a date erasure of the machine to accomplish.
Now it won't let you go backwards in terms of changing that clock if there is data within the time frame you are wanting to go back to but it will let you go forward all you want.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:02 am

Horrorbiz78 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:54 am
That makes sense.

I went through and added my usage times and it seemed like the usage time was right. I would rather see it like if I slept from 6a to 2p that’s a 8hrs. They should have done it from midnight to midnights
Actually you can see the reports that way if you wish but it will involve changing the clock so your times will be off as far as start and end times. What is more important to you....the hours slept not being broke up or the starting/ending times being correct?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

robbob2112

Post by robbob2112 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:09 am

simplest is to hold in the home and round button until you get the clinical menu availble, then just go into the machine and change the clock on the machine so it is 12 hours out....

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:58 am
vandownbytheriver wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:14 pm
There's an internal clock you can set... you may have to Erase Data to do that,
All ResMed machines prior to the AirSense/AirCurve 11 models have a clock that the user can set and it does NOT require a date erasure of the machine to accomplish.
Why did I have to Erase Data in order to 'fall back' then?
Now it won't let you go backwards in terms of changing that clock if there is data within the time frame you are wanting to go back to but it will let you go forward all you want.
Exactly my experience.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:26 pm

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:13 pm
Why did I have to Erase Data in order to 'fall back' then?
Special circumstance.....ResMed machines won't allow a person to change the time or date if there is data within the files created for the date selected.

If there wasn't any data in the file then the machine would have let you fall back.

robbob2112

Post by robbob2112 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:55 pm

Funny thing about that, all it looks at are the filename. You can delete just the one or rename it and the time changes fine

Horrorbiz78

Post by Horrorbiz78 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:32 pm

I’ll just keep everything as is, I don’t want to mess with anything as long as the times are right. I went back and added up the times and everything was right. It will just take some time getting use to cause of my sleep schedule.

Matt

Horrorbiz78

Post by Horrorbiz78 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:35 pm

I can’t use Oscar cause I don’t have a laptop or computer. I have an older Chromebook but it you can’t updated it anymore. There’s ways around it but it’s pain to do it.

I’m going to be using Sleep HQ. I have that app downloaded on my iPhone, I ordered a memory card reader for my phone and will be able to upload that memory card that way.

Matt