My experience Resmed Airsense 10 vs Airsense 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lyndmc

My experience Resmed Airsense 10 vs Airsense 11

Post by Lyndmc » Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:48 pm

I’ve been in a Cpap for almost 15 years, I recently replaced my Airsense 10 of 8 years, with an Airsense 11.

I’ve found that the water tank is too small on the 11. Accurately measured, the 10s tank is 4 oz larger. I used to refill my tank on my 10 about every 4 days, the 11 requires it every day! If you sleep 8 hours and 2 minutes, the tank goes dry and you start getting that metal taste from the dry tank heater.

Settings between the two are completely different. The original setting in my 10 was 12.5, I later changed it to autoset 8-13 and it was perfect for more than a year. Going with autoset sure cuts down on mask leaks and running noise. I tried the 10s settings in my 11 and it was horrible! I couldn’t sleep at all with autoset. I switched to constant 13. I woke up with muscle pains in my chest, I was inhaling more air than the 13 setting could provide. I switched to 14 and I slept decent last night.

The auto dim display never brightens up in the daytime in my 11 unless I put a turned on flashlight over the sensor. The noise between the 10 and 11 are supposed to be the same. Not being able to use autosense makes the 11 louder. The heated hose is good and bad. It cuts down on condensation, but I’m not keen on breathing the warmer air.

I’ve recently switched off between my 10 and 11, I slept better with the 10, hopefully the new 14 setting on the 11 will help. Other than the MyAir app, having lost connectivity on my 10 years ago, my thoughts on the Airsense 11 is only lukewarm!

I’ve also switched from the Respironics Comfort gel mask to the ResMed N20 nasal mask, I think I prefer the Respironics mask. Also, my wife is complaining of air blowing in her face from the vent of the N20 mask. I intend to swap back and forth for a final decision between the two.