I'm finally 100% compliant...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Billmanweh

I'm finally 100% compliant...

Post by Billmanweh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:53 pm

When I found this forum about six weeks ago I was pretty much at my wits end with this stuff. For the first two months I had my CPAP, I got 4+ hours out it about 20% of the time. I almost never slept an entire night (~8 hrs). With the help of everyone here, I'm 100% for the last ten days and have averaged ~7.5 hours a night.

I still feel like I need to tweak a few things and make some changes, but it's finally become nearly second nature. I just put on my mask every night and fall right to sleep and wake up rested every morning. Thanks to everyone here who gave me pointers and hopefully it will be encouragement to others who are where I was six weeks ago.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Good for you, do you have Encore Pro and your reader, to help you take it to the next level? Jim

People show the "Software Card Icon" in their profile, when all they have is the useless card. Icons are misleading.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): Encore Pro

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Billmanweh

Post by Billmanweh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm

I do, I think that will help down the line as I start tweaking and making little changes in my settings. It was a member here who walked me through finding the software and getting the reader. I had no idea I could read the information myself.

gasp

Post by gasp » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah! Every time I think about not using XPAP, I think about it will only bother me for the few minutes it takes me to fall asleep, and a few minutes here and there throughout the nice - versus not breathing. : ) Compliance wins out.

And, look at you! 6 weeks!! Double yeah!

danw61

Post by danw61 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Great!!! Keep it up!

tangents

Post by tangents » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Good for you! Happy to hear that things are going all right. Keep the faith, it's a journey, not a destination. Luckily we have such kind people to travel with.

Take Care,
Cathy

Hawthorne

Finally 100% compliant

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Great to hear Billmanweh!!! You stuck to it and you will certainly feel and be the better for your perseverence. It does get to be second nature - like brushing your teeth almost.
This forum is so great! People here are so willing to help. Keep coming back. Pretty soon you'll be sharing your experience with others!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap