Headrest Nasal Interface Cleaning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cunichar

Headrest Nasal Interface Cleaning

Post by cunichar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 am

Have been using this mask for two weeks, so far so good. After reading the vendor's instructions on cleaning I have a few questions and seek your advice and counsel. The nasal cushion and the tube cleaning are not a problem. Does the upper flexible plastic holder that includes the exhalation assembly, the velcro straps and the horizontal assembly come apart so I can clean it on a periodic basis. There seems to be six plastic holders that could be unhooked and separated. Or..... do...... you toss the whole assembly, without the nasal cushion holder and the tube into the sink and clean it? Your thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

tangents

Re: Headrest Nasal Interface Cleaning

Post by tangents » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:35 am

Cunichar,

I'm not much help - mine is separated from its "housing", and I can barely remember what it looks like fully assembled! I can tell you that each morning I wash my nasal pillows with soap, and rinse the interface hose and mask with hot tap water. Then I blow it dry.

I'm sure someone else will have better information for you.

Take care,
Cathy

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 am

Hi cunichar,

I wash the nasal cushion weekly in hot soapy water. Monthly, I toss the whole assembly (and detached nasal cushion) in a sink of hot soapy water. I've been doing this for a year, and I love the headrest. It works so great!

Regards,
Twilightcat

cunichar

Post by cunichar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 am

Thank you for your time and help.

cunichar

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm

tangents wrote:Cunichar,

I'm not much help - mine is separated from its "housing", and I can barely remember what it looks like fully assembled! I can tell you that each morning I wash my nasal pillows with soap, and rinse the interface hose and mask with hot tap water. Then I blow it dry.

I'm sure someone else will have better information for you.

Take care,
Cathy

Do you have a picture of your mask in it's current state? I finally made the step to nasal pillows with the CL2, and am thinking of growing into the headrest. You'd think at some point I'd get over the aesthetics of masks! I really don't feel unattractive or have other issues, but have let how the mask looks attract or repel me to the mask. Sheesh. I'm still such a noob

Anyway, I may try the headrest for my next mask in Feb 09 - or buy it outright at cpap.com. I'm afraid all the rubbing of the CL2 might remove my eyebrows. I'm going to put a pad-a-cheek on it, so maybe that will end the chafing of the eyebrows.

I'm getting OT... what's new?

tangents

Post by tangents » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:47 am

Gasp,

Just because you'r still trying new things, that doesn't make you a noob! Anyway, I would definitely recommend trying the Headrest. The decapitated headrest is the most innocuous thing you can imagine, but unfortunately by the time you tie it on it's not too sexy...even though I use leopard print microsuede!

Here's Rested Gal's list of links for you. What would we do without her?

Let us know if you get it.

Have a good day,
Cathy

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3098&p=23367&hilit= ... dc3#p23367

gasp

Post by gasp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:49 am

tangents wrote:Gasp,

Just because you'r still trying new things, that doesn't make you a noob! Anyway, I would definitely recommend trying the Headrest. The decapitated headrest is the most innocuous thing you can imagine, but unfortunately by the time you tie it on it's not too sexy...even though I use leopard print microsuede!

Here's Rested Gal's list of links for you. What would we do without her?

Let us know if you get it.

Have a good day,
Cathy

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3098&p=23367&hilit= ... dc3#p23367
Thanks! Yes, I too appreciate RG's links. <clapping wildly> I will wade through the headrest decap links and see if I can find a picture that encourages me to think I can do it too : )