That other forum

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wlk

That other forum

Post by wlk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Never ceases to amaze me. A CPAP user posted a request for instructions to merely turn on the C-Flex on her M-Series. A responder suggested she take the machine to her doctor to get that feature activated!
The original poster replied...thanks, but I got a PM with good instructions. Hehe... wonder if THAT responder was someone from over here

sleepyangler

Re: That other forum

Post by sleepyangler » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:48 pm

That other forum is as much about greasing the skids for the sleep apnea gravy train as it is about helping those who suffer from the condition. They may be very helpful 95% of the time but when it comes right down to it, the mods know the sleep industry is their real bread & butter.

jnk

Post by jnk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 pm

wlk wrote:Never ceases to amaze me. A CPAP user posted a request for instructions to merely turn on the C-Flex on her M-Series. A responder suggested she take the machine to her doctor to get that feature activated!
The original poster replied...thanks, but I got a PM with good instructions. Hehe... wonder if THAT responder was someone from over here
I get the impression most of them read this forum. And I get the impression many here post there too. I have posted over there a few times. But I always put on a tie first.

I kinda picture everyone over there wearing Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes and sipping sherry a while, then all getting bored and putting on a flannel shirt to head over here to this border-town saloon for a good beer and a game of cards where no one minds if you spit on the floor while you tell it like it really is.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Right on, jnk!!! GOOD VISION! It is so appropriate.

Bear in mind, and understand, their restrictions due to their relationship w/the sleep profession. They just don't have the freedom to offer that cpap.com so graciously offers us.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

jnk

Post by jnk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Slinky wrote: . . . Right on, jnk!!! . . .
Don't encourage me, Slinky!

I must say, though, I really do like Johnny's Place.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 pm

They were way to high and mighty for this 'ole boy. Haven't been there in over a year and don't think I've missed a thing...LOL

JeffH

ca_hosehead

Post by ca_hosehead » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:16 am

We're a lot more down home and friendly over here.

Take off your shoes. Set a spell.

Portageegal

Post by Portageegal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:05 am

I don't know what other forum you are talking about, but I would venture a guess that it has a yellow background and more farts than my FFM when the machine ramps to 14.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:16 am

The effects of chronic sleep deprivation can make people, let's say, grouchy and more than a little uptight.

That can be attributed to ineffective therapy.

I tend to think that the advice here is soo good that most people are able to acheive at least some clinical sleep. I haven't spent much time on other boards but I find that the regular *professionals* here, in addition to being genuinely knowledgeable and helpful, also tend to be friendly and cheerful. That makes people feel welcome and like they can ask *dumb* newbie questions without getting blasted.

Keep It Up!
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

StillAnotherGuest

Where's Waldo?

Post by StillAnotherGuest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:54 am

jnk wrote:I kinda picture everyone over there wearing Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes and sipping sherry a while, then all getting bored and putting on a flannel shirt to head over here to this border-town saloon for a good beer and a game of cards where no one minds if you spit on the floor while you tell it like it really is.
Well, Pilgrim, ya better use the spittoon, but I ain't gonna hit ya.

I ain't gonna.

OK, without peeking, how many moderators are there (don't post the answer, only say if you got it or not)?

SAG

Aromatherapy may help CPAP compliance. Lavender, Mandarin, Chamomile, and Sweet Marjoram aid in relaxation and sleep. Nature's Gift has these and a blend of all four called SleepEase.

jnk

Re: Where's Waldo?

Post by jnk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:01 am

StillAnotherGuest wrote: . . . ya better use the spittoon . . .
Here? or There? I HAVE been working on my aim, but, unfortunately, braces in childhood ruined the gap between my front teeth.

In the county where I grew up, it was really important who got voted in as sheriff, because some sheriffs would immediately deputize all their buddies and relations--up to half the county, depending. That made it really important to remember who everyone was related to before joining any discussions of opinion. But the good sheriffs didn't need more than a deputy or two. And the whole county would relax that year.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:22 am

StillAnotherGuest wrote:OK, without peeking, how many moderators are there (don't post the answer, only say if you got it or not)?

SAG
All I know fer shure is, they have one less than they did in days of yore.

So, I'll make a guess before peekin'....

< brb >
< back now >

Wow, I sure was wayyyyy off.

While peeking, I spied Slinky peeking, too!!
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

StillAnotherGuest

Post by StillAnotherGuest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:23 am

jnk wrote:In the county where I grew up, it was really important who got voted in as sheriff...
County? Which county, Flatbush? They got a sheriff?

SAG

Aromatherapy may help CPAP compliance. Lavender, Mandarin, Chamomile, and Sweet Marjoram aid in relaxation and sleep. Nature's Gift has these and a blend of all four called SleepEase.

StillAnotherGuest

Post by StillAnotherGuest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:27 am

rested gal wrote:Wow, I sure was wayyyyy off.
LOL, right, bureaucracy must be contagious.

SAG

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:50 am

StillAnotherGuest wrote:
jnk wrote:In the county where I grew up, it was really important who got voted in as sheriff...
County? Which county, Flatbush? They got a sheriff?

SAG
I spent much of my childhood in Pike County, Kentucky. (But I'm not a Hatfield or a McCoy.) I do have friends and family in East Flatbush, though. So I admit you just weirded me out a little.

Drive on down when the weather clears up and I'll buy you a beef patty and ginger beer! I promise I'll use the spittoon.

jeff