just ordered an Aura from CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sbr3500

just ordered an Aura from CPAP

Post by sbr3500 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:43 pm

seems like some people love the Aura ... I like the Swift but the Aura seems to allow more flexibility while sleeping and no swoosh marks ... YES.

Are the pillows any more or less comfortable than the swift?

-Steve

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:04 pm

The pillows on the aura are MUCH more comfortable.

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

sbr3500

Post by sbr3500 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:06 pm

thanks for the reponse wading.

Do you have/had a swift? Is there anything you like about the Swift more?

mikemoran

Post by mikemoran » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:47 pm

The pillows are softer and the head gear is more adjustable. I had problems with the Swift irritating my nostrils, no such problem with Aura.

sbr3500

Post by sbr3500 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:50 pm

I read stuff about people saying they were losing hair because of the headgear orf it was causing hair breakage ... is anyone experiencing this?

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:07 pm

Yes, I have used the Swift. The only thing better about the Swift is that if you travel a lot, it can be smashed into any small spot and is very unlikely to get damaged in transit.

I have had no hair issues with the aura... I never understood those claims since most all interfaces have headgear in contact with your hair... why would the aura be a particular problem.

Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:48 pm

May I cast my vote, too, since I am an ex-Swifter and a present Aura-er? More comfortable squishy pillows, headgear that is not heavy and doesn't move where you put it, nothing to lay on your cheeks when you side sleep, no tube to knock out of its place when you turn...shall I go on? I hope you love yours as much as I love mine, or even half as much would be a good thing. Let us know when you get it and use it what you think. Best of luck!

L o R i

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:44 pm

I recieved my new Aura yesterday and used it for the first time last night and I have to say, first night anyway it was great. I did mouth leak more for some reason but that could be a coincidence. It was very comfortable however and I don't recall any seal leaking. Time will tell, but this Swift lover may convert to this new interface too.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:35 pm

R&R,

You won't have bad nights. That's what I thought, too. It stays that way, just as great. I have been using mine since 9/13 and had maybe one night with a little leakage when I went to straight 10 CPAP. But last night I didn't use the RG fix and it worked beautifully, not one leak.

You are going to be just as happy with it as the rest of us are. Isn't it a beautiful thing not to worry about side straps on your cheeks or hoses that can push the pillows out of the way? This is so lightweight and stable, and is more comfortable than anything I've ever worn. No pressure sores, no uncomfortable anything.

I found just the opposite with the mouth breathing, and I don't bother to tape my mouth anymore. No more of that or the mouth puffs I was getting on the Swift. I am curious now to know if it happens again to you tonight. Please post again tomorrow morning, or when you get the chance, and let us all know how you did on night 2. I think I already know the answer to that: Great!

L o R i

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:28 pm

I will post as requested IF I haved power. We have been having roving brownouts all day today. My first impression was very good. Almost too good to be true. How much did you need to bend the wire?

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:55 pm

rock and roll wrote:I will post as requested IF I haved power. We have been having roving brownouts all day today. My first impression was very good. Almost too good to be true. How much did you need to bend the wire?
Oh, I hope you get your power on for good for the nighttime. I hear it's very hot and between no AC and no CPAP, not conducive to a good night's sleep. Poor R&R, enough is enough already.

Your first impression is exactly like mine, almost too good to be true. The best part about it is, it's not. It really stays that good. After all the masks you've tried, it's really hard to believe this can be as good as it is. But you read me gushing about it for the past couple of weeks. I would still gush, but don't want to drive everyone nuts with it. If it worked that well for you last night, count on it working like that every night. It's a fantastic interface, trust me. I wanted to just write a post saying nothing can beat it, but not everyone agrees. I almost want to assume (hate to do that) that those who didn't find it worked for them didn't give it enough attempts at working at getting the adjustments correct. But when you do, voila, the best mask around.

As far as bending the wire a lot, YES! But that's the beauty of it, it's almost like an infinite range of configurations that you can create when you bend the wire in all sorts of spots AND repositioning the headgear/lockbox. I'll let you tell me over the course of the next few days what you really think. I'll wait patiently. Professor Sleep (Beth) and dkeat (David) also ordered one, so we'll see what they think, too. And David is at the end of his rope at this point, I think, because he can't find a mask to work for him, especially with his tricky nasal passages. I think this one will do it, though.

Well, good luck with your electric. Hope you have a good night's sleep again.

L o R i

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:50 pm

thanks,

the power just came back on

so I will get to use the mask unless, it goes out again

susanhhill

Post by susanhhill » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:00 pm

what about noise level with the Aura? Is it louder? than the Swift? I was afraid that the piece in front of my eyes might bother me. However I am always in search of "The Perfect Mask". But then aren't we all??

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:14 am

Susan,

I think it's rather quiet, except for the inhalation which you hear. But if I had to say, the Swift is louder, which I know you use. I kind of like the noise of both, though. It's soothing to my ears, almost like an ocean type of noise, with waves rolling in and out. Yes, I'm crazy. What can I say?

The piece in front of your face is not in front of your eyes, but rather your nose. And it doesn't touch your face except for the piece that goes into your nares.

L o R i

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:35 am

Lst night, I did not mouth leak with it. I did break the seal several times, don't know why really. It is about the same noise level as the Swift. When the seal is broken, it is a little louder. But boy is it comfortable.