H1N1

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jaylee

Re: H1N1

Post by Jaylee » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Most of my students have had the flu shots. I have one parent who is very much against it. So far they have been lucky, but I worry what will happen if she does get the swine flu. Several of my former students who are not in Kindergarten had it, but their younger siblings who are in my center did not get it. It is very scary indeed.

Paul56

Post by Paul56 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Got my H1N1 shot about 3 hours ago... and... I"M STILL ALIVE!!!

Yeah, been getting the flu shot for years now... and haven't had the flu for years too.

I feel better now that both mom and I have had our shots. The regular flu shot is coming along in January.

Rebecca R

Post by Rebecca R » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 pm

I am still alive and had both the h1n1 last week and regular flu vaccine in October.

My arm was a bit sore for two days with h1n1, but no other side effects. My eight year old grandson warned me that I was going to have a "death headache" in the morning like he and his mom did, but no death headache. I am sure my pain threshold is out of whack from years of apnea headaches in the morning.

The un-vaccinated members of my family are very sick with the flu right, and I am not...but I am still a week away from the full immunity from the vaccination...

r

Paul56

Post by Paul56 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Well, about 6 hours post H1N1 shot and...

-my arm feels mildly sore to the touch

-I feel more lethargic than usual... but no headache.

Keep in mind here that even with successful apnea treatment I'm no energizer bunny anyway.