*UPDATE* 1.5 years on ASV with NO RELIEF

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: *UPDATE* 1.5 years on ASV with NO RELIEF

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Coolsideofthepillow wrote: The machine you linked above is the machine I have. As far as data collection I guess I am stuck with the respironics software and a card reader?

Is it possible that this machines pressure could be going to high????
The card reader needed is the DT3500 Infineer by Mako...it's still available.
Software is also available depending on computer specs...OS and how many bits it has.

As far as is it possible that the machine is going too high in terms of pressure? I have no idea but in general the machine doesn't go where it doesn't think it needs to go for some reason or other.
Leaks would be a factor though...those older machines have been known to chase leaks with more pressure and sort of create a nasty little circle that keeps feeding the leak. Otherwise unless there is some sort of malfunction the machine normally has a good reason to do what it does.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

letsride

Re: So......

Post by letsride » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Coolsideofthepillow wrote:I have had an autosv bipap for the past 1.5 years. I have tried different masks, pillows, etc. and nothing works! The reason being that I am on the max pressure the machine can get too. During the ramp phase I am fine, but once that's over and I have tossed onto my side the leaks start. Last night I placed a pillow on my side and DW on the other so I could not flip. Well after a while I kind of woke and thought wow it worked it must be 5am. I turned and my clock said 11pm. 1 hour!!! I took the mask off. Was I in a true deep sleep?
If this was my sutuation, I would try lowering the pressure settings, Adjust to the new level and build back up from there.
I only suggest this because the lack of use of the ASV.
Some therapy maybe better than none.

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 pm

given that asv isn't working for you, you may want to consider surgery - at the least, maybe get those tonsils out

richy247

Post by richy247 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:02 am

dude what's ASV? if ur on cpap try a bi level way better!!!

Rich

Taringa542

Post by Taringa542 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:49 am

richy247 wrote:dude what's ASV? if ur on cpap try a bi level way better!!!

Rich
lol
Adaptive servo-ventilation

Resmed VPAP, Resporonics BIPAP

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:12 am

I am also prone to post AHI numbers in the 120 to 140 range a couple of nights a week untreated or even when treated with cpap or bipap machines. Two nights ago I started using an ASV machine. My impressions and numbers the software is reporting for my 1st two nights are life changing for me. I know that two nights prove a trend as on other machines I can have a few good nights then my numbers go into the toilet for weeks. A night or two at 2 to 5 AHI then then back into the 50 to 140 range.

We finally did an ASV titration with stunning results. Now two nights on my new machine and the numbers are still outstanding. So I have an appointment per week to review my data then a final sleep lab to confirm the results. Once we max BC/BS for the year to confirm my findings and hopefully put the worst of this 3 year rollercoaster behind me. As my apnea is obstructive, central and complex it has been a wild ride for three years since diagnosed. Stick with it. I have just woken from my 3rd night of really good sleep in decades.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 am

richy247 wrote:dude what's ASV? if ur on cpap try a bi level way better!!!
ASV is a bilevel pressure machine...in fact the ultimate bilevel machine with special features that treat central apneas where the airway is open. Traditional cpap and bilevel pressure machines don't treat centrals...the ASV type of machines do.
So there are traditional bilevel pressure machines like I use and then there are the ASV type of machines which are bilevel machines with additional high end features for treating centrals. I don't have central apnea issues so there is no need for me to use that type of machine but I do enjoy the better sleep I get with the traditional bilevel pressure therapy machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am

In other words, an ASV unit is part BiPAP and part ventilator. If you stop breathing, it sustains respiration long enough to break the cycle that tends to cause central apnea to continue.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński