New Cpap Pillow from SleepGuy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepGuy

Re: New Cpap Pillow from SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

Tango wrote:Can I get a pillow. I never seem to be able to find a pillow that works for me. Within. WeEk or so it's flat. If I buy I firmer one it stays too firm. I know I will sleep better when I find the right pillow.
So, sleep guy, can I be a volunteer?
Ca based. Maybe I can help you move more pillows out here?
Either way, I'd love to try them! Especially since they are being developed by people with sleep issues.
Tango
I've had many requests for participation. I need to wait till early next week to figure out where I am with inventory. Thanks for your patience.

Bigedd1

Post by Bigedd1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:52 pm

How can I get a free trial?

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 am

SleepGuy,

I just sent you an email.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 am

Again, thanks for all the requests. I won't know till Monday how many units I potentially have available. So be patient. And if you send a request, I am much more interested in people who convince me they have lots of pillow IQ - experience. They provide the most helpful feedback: people who have experience with at least one if not many types of pillows generally and CPAP pillows in particular. The biggest benefit to me is feedback and comparison to the competition.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:24 am

Posted a review about the older pillow at: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JVXAVJHBVF5O
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

fdw

Post by fdw » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 am

Would love to put my head on a SleeyGuy pillow free trial
ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

Abzzz

Post by Abzzz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 am

Hello
I am new to the sleep apnea world. Just got my machine 2 weeks ago. I would love to try your pillow . My mask is always moving with my current pillow. Not to mention I suffer from neck aches as well as migraines.
Thank you, Abbie

HealthyandHopeful

Post by HealthyandHopeful » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:32 pm

I am interested if it's not too late! I have tried many pillows. I have a bamboo pillow, have used a (partially) water pillow, a side sleeper pillow and more. I've never used a cpap pillow though. I have a hard time getting settled at night and then when I turn over it starts again!

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:50 pm

I would like to add my evaluation of the pillow that Bret sent to me to trial for him.

The pillow arrived very quickly and it was larger than I had anticipated. It was nicely filled with buckwheat hulls as well as some foam. Included as well were some extra buckwheat filling to adjust the fullness to my needs. I have slept on buckwheat pillows before, but I have to say the ones I have used did not have a quilted cover.

Sleeping on the pillow is a very nice experience. Although the concept of using buckwheat in a pillow is not brand new, it is an excellent choice for CPAP users. I can literally sleep on my stomach because I can make a dent in the buckwheat pillow that cradles my mask and prevents the pillow from pushing against the side of my mask and causing leaks.

Thank you Bret for including me in your trial, I am grateful for your pillow. My sleep is even better now.

Karen

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Two new reviews posted today:

"I have Sleep Apnea and as any cpap user knows there are two things you search for, that is the perfect mask that works for you and a perfect pillow. After a long search I found my mask and I've been looking for a pillow for a long time. I have a totally fused neck and neck alignment is very important to me and I've gone through a lot of cpap pillows which are now in the closet. I've been sleeping on this pillow for 5 days now and my hunt for that perfect pillow is over, this is the one. I love this pillow cause you can shape it to fit your needs, for my neck alignment and mask it's perfect. I highly recommend this pillow for cpap users and people that just need a great pillow."

And:

"Long time buckwheat pillow user, CPAP user and "perfect pillow searcher." Shortly after spending a mint on a pillow from Doubletree Hotels, I found this new pillow. I had used buckwheat pillows years before but never WITH my CPAP. It makes sleeping SOOOooooo much nicer!!!! Combine this with my newly discovered cloth mask and I'm in heaven and sleeping wonderfully!!! The addition of the foam and the great cover make is quieter and softer than previous versions of these pillows. I overfilled mine a bit, so remember it's easier to ADD more than remove it. "

This one is from 10/3:

I have used all sorts of pillows in my life, from cotton and poly fill to feather pillows to the more recent memory foam. The old cotton and poly fill would never hold up long and was never comfortable to sleep on. The feather pillows was good for a couple of years, then the feathers would start poking through the casing and the feathers would become so flat that I would usually have to fold the pillow in half to get the height up enough to give any support to my neck. Then, you have to think of ways to try to wash these things and not end up with feathers everywhere. So a few years ago, I switched over to the memory foam pillow. With the memory foam, I would usually wake up with the baseline of my hair soaked from sweating. The pillow has held its shape over the few years I've owned it, but it tends to make me sweat and that sweat ends up in the foam. While they can be washed, have you ever tried to air dry a memory foam pillow? Plan on a couple of days at the least for them to air dry! Recently, I had been waking up at least two or three mornings a week with a crick in my neck. It would last most of the day, with me hardly being able to turn my head from side to side. The Dr. told me I had bone spurs in my neck. So I broke down and ordered me a Pur-Sleep pillow.

The pillow comes shipped with a very well crafted casing with a zipper sewn in to accommodate the filling of the pillow with the (included) bag of buckwheat hulls and shredded foam filling. I had my wife help with this by holding open the pillow casing while I poured the material inside. I didn't notice any smell and a very small trace of dust while filling the pillow. No problems getting the material inside and the heavy duty zipper closed smoothly and without any snags! Included are the instructions on how to shape the pillow for the best comfort and how to care for your pillow including machine wash and dry. A very welcomed 10 year warranty is included which is hard to find in most pillows.

The first night that I slept on it, I noticed that compared to the memory foam it felt hard. When I woke up the next morning, it felt fine and my neck was not sore at all. Since that first night, the pillow has lost that hard feeling. Just getting used to sleeping on a new material I suppose. I have now been sleeping on this pillow for three weeks and have not woke up that first morning with a crick in my neck! Now, if I could find something like this for my lower back, that would be amazing! LOL! Who knows I might have to order another one and not fill it as full and give it a try!

Each night, I adjust the filling for comfort and support and it will stay that way until i readjust it. As far as noise, the only noise I notice, is when I'm shaping the material before I lay my head down, and a slight noise when I first lay my head on the pillow. Other than that it is very quiet and comfortable. With the buckwheat hulls inside it seems that the pillow is allowed to breath and doesn't cause my hairline to sweat like it did with the memory foam. I almost forgot to mention that I'm also a Cpap user and have absolutely no problems sleeping with my nasal pillow cpap mask, on this pillow.

If I have to travel or go out of town, you can bet "THIS" pillow will be packed and taken along with me! As for giving up this pillow? As gun owners would say, "you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands"! Seriously though, if you've had problems finding a comfortable pillow, that gives good support and doesn't ball up or go flat on you, then you really need to consider this pillow. Is it the "perfect" pillow? No. There is no "perfect" pillow that fits everyones needs. But, if you have neck problems or use a cpap mask, this pillow can mean a world of difference to you. I can say without a doubt, that this pillow from Pur-Sleep "IS" the best and most comfortable pillow that "I" have ever slept on! And as well as it's made and the quality of materials used, I believe that this pillow could easily last me the rest of my life. (excluding pillow fights!) I might have to give it up for one night, and let my wife try it out, to see what she thinks. It would make an excellent Christmas present!

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Update on the trial:

This trial has exceeded my expectations. I still have exactly 6 more units that I would like to contribute to this effort and then that will be that. These are "new old stock" pillows that until last month were selling for $60 each. I am looking for a good home for them in exchange for feedback. I am charging $20 to cover shipping so that only people who are serious will receive them (I've had quite a few just go AWOL on me after I covered everything)....

Looking forward to more feedback from all of the good people on the forum. It's gratifying to read the reviews (up to 22 now) and feel like I am doing some good with my crazy ideas.

Bret

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:31 pm

By the way, I am happy to report that sales on Amazon are brisk. The CPAPfit pillow is obliterating the No. 1 competition (CPAPmax pillow from Contour). The Pur-Sleep brand is currently 15 on the bestseller list in the category, while the Contour product is #49 in the same category! I can't wait to keep hearing the reviews as they trickle in....

Sleepysuz

Post by Sleepysuz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:41 pm

I am used to a very. very soft pillow so it took a little getting used to the hulls. It wasn't the pillow, it was me as it's just a transition.

The SleepGuy kindly sent me some extra foam to try to see how that worked. It took a lot of mixing to get it homogenized so that the extra foam wasn't in blobs. Much easier to add hulls the blend in better. While this may be an option for fussy people like me who insist on softness, in retrospect I don't think it is necessary for the average user. The fact that I had to be careful about mixing it might not make it worth it for the .1% of folks that want to sleep on a cloud.

This is a very, very high quality pillow. My previous pillow cost me $90 at a bedding store and doesn't have a nice a cover like this one.
The deluxe cover gives it a plush feel and makes it a must have item for cpap users.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 am

So I am not totally out of the "new old stock" that I was using for this trial. I am listing this pillow on Overstock shortly and will be wanting good reviews and I would like some video reviews on Amazon, so I am extending this trial with a twist:

If you are willing to put together a video review for Amazon, I will give you a brand new version of the pillow (wedge cut with large zipper). I only want one or two video reviews so I will be selective. This offer is open to anybody, including people who already got the old stock version of the pillow. Most of you have really provided some great feedback for me.

Next week I will be extending the offer for review of the new version of the pillow for a few reviews on Overstock for the new SKU. So stay tuned.

Thanks for all the great help!

lastlib

Post by lastlib » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:38 pm

I would like a pillow. I am a trusting guy so if you will I M me where to send the money or a number to call I will pay in advance either by check or credit card.