Software for my System One machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palar

Software for my System One machine?

Post by palar » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 am

Where might I find software for my System One machine (to read the data card)? I have sleepyhead and it's great, but I'm curious as to what other options there are.

DaveJ45

Re: Software for my System One machine?

Post by DaveJ45 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:46 am

Philips has their SleepMapper software and mobile device apps, but it is very bare bones compared to Sleepyhead.

Supposedly there is also software called Encore out there as well.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 am

Windows only...no Mac version at all. Encore really offers you nothing that you can't see in Sleepyhead...so same results just presented visually a little differently.

EncoreGuide link this will show you examples of what you will see. For a different machine than yours but the basics are the same.
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_h ... _Guide.pdf

Encore can be found if you know who to ask about where it can be found.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ALF

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:40 pm

If you buy it through Phillips, Encore Viewer costs $100, and, as noted above, it does not show any more info than SleepyHead. There is also Onkor (http://www.onkor.net/), which is an open-source data viewer for System One.

Being a Mac user, neither of those options work for me, so I have not explored them. I am using SleepMapper, although it is quite limited. The nice thing about it, is that you can use it solely as a web-based application. You download a data card reader app, which uploads the card data into your online user account, and then SleepMapper uses your account data to show hours, major mask leaks, and AHI. If you are new to CPAP, the accompanying videos and goal-setting options may be useful. Still, there is more data available to you from your System One panel than is available from SleepMapper.

SleepyHead works very well for me, and it shows far more data than probably most of us would ever care to view. I particularly like that it shows when the various 'events' (apnea, hypopnea, snoring, etc.) occurred, and how the System One reacted to those event, by increasing pressure. I can't imagine why anyone would buy or wangle a copy of Encore when they can get SleepyHead for free.

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
- Ernest Hemingway

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Yeah, SleepMapper is pretty bare bones - but it's free, maybe it's fine for you, and it's web-based so you can see it remotely. Available from the PR website.

Sleepyhead is free - but send him money anyway because you'll like it so much.

Encore is what my doctor uses and the info is presented quite a bit differently, very clunky for day to day use, but easy to look for long term trends and such. But if there's anything funky about your results, it's a nice way to check and make sure you know what the doctor will be seeing.

jjhall

Post by jjhall » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:28 pm

ALF wrote:Being a Mac user, neither of those options work for me, so I have not explored them. I am using SleepMapper, although it is quite limited.
I have a cellular modem on my PR machine, so I don't have to pull the SD for SleepMapper. Unfortunately though it is always 2-4 days delayed despite forcing the data upload via the modem button, and verifying the little checkmark when it is done meaning it was successful. It seems to be an issue on their end, somewhere between when they receive the data and when it actually gets moved to the customer-facing web application. Have you noticed a similar delay when uploading using the SD card and their uploader app?

I did pick up a Flashair WiFi enabled SD card earlier this week. I'm experimenting with it now to try to get my Macbook to download the data without a need to remove the card. I got it to work once but have not been able to get it to work since. After I get it all figured out I plan to make a post on how I did it. This is assuming I can get it to work consistently anyway.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:13 pm

palar wrote:Where might I find software for my System One machine (to read the data card)? I have sleepyhead and it's great, but I'm curious as to what other options there are.
SleepyHead is more advanced than the other software out there including from the manufacturer. Their software is tailored to produce PDF "reports" to be sent to a doctor or someone. It has no way to interact with the data and very limited options. With SleepyHead, you can pan, zoom in, slide, jump to events and do many other useful things now available in the official software. The manufacturer software is quite disappointing after using SleepyHead. It only shows you a small amount of what you can see in SleepyHead.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 pm

jjhall wrote:
ALF wrote:Being a Mac user, neither of those options work for me, so I have not explored them. I am using SleepMapper, although it is quite limited.
I have a cellular modem on my PR machine, so I don't have to pull the SD for SleepMapper. Unfortunately though it is always 2-4 days delayed despite forcing the data upload via the modem button, and verifying the little checkmark when it is done meaning it was successful. It seems to be an issue on their end, somewhere between when they receive the data and when it actually gets moved to the customer-facing web application. Have you noticed a similar delay when uploading using the SD card and their uploader app?

I did pick up a Flashair WiFi enabled SD card earlier this week. I'm experimenting with it now to try to get my Macbook to download the data without a need to remove the card. I got it to work once but have not been able to get it to work since. After I get it all figured out I plan to make a post on how I did it. This is assuming I can get it to work consistently anyway.
I got the flashair card as well and happily use it every day. I'm on a pc and used the Sleep Master software to set it up. When the card is working in the cpap machine, you can use any web browser and go to the IP address that you've assigned to the sdcard and see the folders there. This will confirm that the wireless functionality is working and the card is properly connected to your network.

The website just gives you an overview. To see how you are really doing, you need to look at the full data yourself with sleepyhead.

DaveJ45

Post by DaveJ45 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Although my setup for using SleepMapper is pretty unique (I use a LINUX computer) when I run the manual SD card data importer program the data is available right away, online with the web access, and on my Android mobile device. If there is a delay on the cell data transfer route, it has to be something with how the data is handled via that transmission method.
Good luck getting Philips to do anything about it....