F&P Nova Micro Nasal Pillow Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
silver123

F&P Nova Micro Nasal Pillow Mask

Post by silver123 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:33 am

The F&P Nova Micro Nasal Pillow is available up here in Canada. I picked one up about two weeks ago and really like it. I'm getting 0 leaks and my AHI is running between 0.1 and 0.5 consistently. I use a Resmed 11 Autoset and set it on APAP with low EPR of 1 - pressure at 11.6- 14. Average pressure is ~12.5. I mouth tape.

I was using a Resmed n30 and just always had a bit of leak (side sleeper) and found it was easy to put pressure on the side of the mask, and voila - leaks. Since the pillow is so small on this mask, it fits fantastically without those kinda wings that the n30 has and many other pillow masks and it seems more stable. I don't find it to be loud at all and there is no diffusion device. The venting is up, which might not be something not everyone loves but it's working for me. I like the way the straps fit. I always had problems with the straps on Resmed masks slipping unless I tightened them down way too much. The straps easily stay put on the back of my head and on top with the way this is designed. The velcro straps that allow you to adjust tension are easily accessible. The mask lies a little higher on my cheekbones but I am not seeing mask marks particularly since I don't need to tighten the mask as much with the great fit of the pillow.

I'm not sure when it is headed to the US. It's worth trying if you like a minimalist type of mask.

Any other Canadians trying this mask? Experience and opinions?
Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is.
- H. Jackson Browne

mw757

Re: F&P Nova Micro Nasal Pillow Mask

Post by mw757 » Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:35 am

Your post piqued my curiosity so I decided to order the mask and give it a try. My go to mask has been the Resmed P10 ever since it was released. My only complaint was the stretchy strap,even with the adjustable version it seemed to loosen up overnight.
I’ve been using the Nova for the past 3 weeks and I am impressed! The strap is more comfortable, the pillows are much softer and more comfortable and the venting is better. Its smaller size makes it less likely to come adrift when sleeping on my side. There’s been no change with my AHI…usually .5 and under. This mask has become my new favourite. 👍👍👍

Cecioboe

Post by Cecioboe » Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:48 pm

Thanks to you both for your thoughts on the Nova Micro. I hope they are available to those of us in the US soon! I'm a P10 user and would love an alternative.
CPAP since May 25, 2021
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
P10 mask

randotron

Post by randotron » Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:26 pm

Hi, can anyone who has used this mask comment more on the venting, I note there is no diffuser (why F&P stopped making diffusers on their masks I have no clue). Do you find the exhaust hits your pillow/eyes/partner?

Otherwise, this looks like a perfect mask to me.

mw757

Post by mw757 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:40 am

In the past l have tried both the Brevida and Evora masks and vent noise and flow were the main issues with them. As a side sleeper, vented air bouncing off of my pillow and into my face was too much of an irritation. F&P seems to have resolved these issues with the Nova Micro.