Looks like I may be needing supplemantal o2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
deerhound

Looks like I may be needing supplemantal o2

Post by deerhound » Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:56 am

It is looking like I may need to use supplemental O2 while exerting. Does anyone have good information on Portable O2 concentrators and who is good to deal with?
Thanks
Dale

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1

lazarus

Re: Looks like I may be needing supplemantal o2

Post by lazarus » Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:18 pm

I would love to be helpful, but such insight is far outside my wheelhouse.

My understanding is that ideally a course of action and any recommended specific equipment would be customized for your present and likely-future situation in relation to your conditions and lifestyle as assessed and suggested by a talented, knowledgeable local team.
"Appropriate selection of oxygen devices and delivery systems depends on the degree of hypoxaemia, the existing evidence for the patient's underlying diagnosis and patient preference. Respiratory physicians should have a consolidated knowledge of all devices and systems to devise proper and individualised patient-based plans for oxygen therapy."--https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6876135/
There are two types of people in the world: (1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
---
My love song to my CPAP:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

deerhound

Post by deerhound » Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:52 pm

I went ahead and got an inogen g5 from Oxygen Concentrator Store. So far they seem OK and haven't made me angry. The O2 seems to be helping me get around without as much instant fatigue. The machine seems good also.

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:21 pm

Just curious why you chose them - not suggesting you shouldn't have but why them vs others? Do people make you angry often?

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:55 pm

I came across Oxygen Concentrator store 5 or 6 years ago.
I have been satasfied with their service and pricing.
I was going to recommend them. but by the time I saw your post you had already purchased.

deerhound

Post by deerhound » Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:37 pm

First, I don't like doing business with DMEs. The Oxygen Concentrator Store had good online reviews. They had a Labor Day nsale that seemed good. The person I talked to was knowledgeable and seemed to be helpful. They are located in Denver, only 350 miles away instead of Florida or NYC. She promised delivery in 2 days and delivered on that. I don't heap praise on businesses until I have had a chance to use them for a while, so I only report that they haven't made me angry. I do get angry when someone cheats me.

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1

deerhound

Post by deerhound » Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:40 pm

bwexler, Thanks for your reply, it is good to hear that I am dealing with a good company.

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1