It's great to be awake!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
littlebaddow

It's great to be awake!

Post by littlebaddow » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:33 am

It's 8.30 in the morning in the UK so I know (or hope!) that most you to the west of me are sleeping soundly to the gentle background hum of your xPAP.

I'm not and it's great to be wide awake
Week 8 of my treatment, I've just slept 9 straight hours without being aware of any disturbance and I feel great

I hope you all wake up feeling the same.

jean19540_0

cant wait!

Post by jean19540_0 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:23 am

littlebarrow, brilliant cant wait till im there, im just on week 4 now and i am sleeping better, but my problem is, im still nodding off during the day, although hubby said he's noticed a slight improvement. getting through the night without any disturbance though, is still a dream, although i know its not so often. keep ploding on though. i have no hang ups about wearing it, ugly or not, that doesnt come into it, so all i need realy is patience & it will come, after all it as for you. plus i know one thing for sure, there is no way on gods earth that i would miss even one night without it. i know for sure that after 5/6 years of osa that things are going to take some righting. how long did you suffer before diagnosis? how soon before you started to feel bright & not nodding off?
i suppose you start to forget when things start to improve? will you let me know please/ thanks, jean

littlebaddow

Post by littlebaddow » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:32 am

Thanks Jean
I had felt terrible for about 6 months before diagnosis & treatment, but I suspect it had been building up for a while before that. The need to sleep during the day began to diminish as soon as treatment started, but it has been gradual. I began to feel noticably better in about week 4, which is when I think I got used to using the equipment, and progress has been steady ever since. I think I felt particulalrly good this morning because I had a very busy day yesterday and was exhausted last night and the contrast this morning was so obvious