Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KandyX

Re: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

Post by KandyX » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:12 pm

How does one transplant a P10 tube to the bleep dreamport? I have a P10 I'm not using... do you just cut it off as close to frame as possible, take out the dreamport tube and stick in the p10 tube (friction-based)?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 pm

KandyX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:12 pm
How does one transplant a P10 tube to the bleep dreamport? I have a P10 I'm not using... do you just cut it off as close to frame as possible, take out the dreamport tube and stick in the p10 tube (friction-based)?
Yep that is pretty much it.
You can take the Bleep short hose off the little thing that moves around a bit on the Bleep frame and leave that part on the Bleep frame and then just stuck the P10 cut off portion on that little thingy. It takes a bit of force to work it on but once on there it's stuck pretty tight.
I have a picture somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

KandyX

Post by KandyX » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:17 am

Thank you pugsy... I'll post what I think of the mask once I use it a few times.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:35 am

In the end of the bleep hose is a clear nylon insert it can be persuaded out its friction fit, I then shoved it in the end of the cut off p10 hose again friction fit. Then the p10 will just clip straight onto the vent swivel

KandyX

Post by KandyX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:07 am

Anybody having issue with condensation? Do I need to cover the short hose or something?

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 am

Any slip cover will help insulate the short tubing for any mask and help control humidity condensation or rainout in the mask to some degree (a lot has to do with how cold your room is in relation to the humidity in the tube). I don’t always use humidity, but when I do...I use a long sock pulled up over the end of the bleep right next to my nose to cover the tube, silicone and connectors. I always keep a hose snuggy on the main hose for muffling the sound of it as it crinkles too much as it drags across things.

KandyX

Post by KandyX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:16 pm

Thank you Dreaming1, I usually have my air conditioning set to 18-20°C while the humidity is usually 25-27°C (with heated hose), that is a big difference. I'll try covering the short hose.

nee

Post by nee » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Anyone have issues with air escaping out of the adhesive where the nostrils meet the upper lip? I have a mustache and shaved off the top portion (as per Stuart's video) so that the adhesive sticks, but pretty much every night air ends up leaking out and waking me up. According to OSCAR the leaks are inconsequential, so I might just put something in the area just to prevent the air from hitting my lips and waking me up.

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:52 pm

nee wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 pm
Anyone have issues with air escaping out of the adhesive where the nostrils meet the upper lip? I have a mustache and shaved off the top portion (as per Stuart's video) so that the adhesive sticks, but pretty much every night air ends up leaking out and waking me up. According to OSCAR the leaks are inconsequential, so I might just put something in the area just to prevent the air from hitting my lips and waking me up.
Yep. I have to position the adhesive so more of it hits under my nose and use 3m micropore tape to extend it a bit at the bottom and sides.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:46 pm

nee wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 pm
This does happen to me occasionally, waking me up. I usually get up and stick a piece of the adhesive that I have trimmed off earlier, with the curved end up, kind of between the DreamPorts. That takes care of the problem for the rest of the night. Like you, OSCAR does not seem to pick up the leaks. And being female, I don't have a mustache that needed trimming. It's just something that happens to me anyway. I also sometimes get a tunnel-like leak from the sides. Fortunately, I save all my trimmed bits just in case of a leak.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 am

I don't have a moustache but if I let my stubble grow for more than 4 days I have the same issue as there is a gap between the skin and the mask which air escapes through, maybe the trimmed area needs to be larger, or trimmed more regularly. I am sure you can work it out. Maybe keep discussing it with Bleep/Stuart directly for tips as he deals with this issue and really wants to help

centrum

Post by centrum » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:37 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:52 pm
Stuart asked me to post this new youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-pRVlAo6Ic
He talks about application steps as well as a hose management system he has found helps him.
Looks like about 10 minutes of video
Thank you Pugsy for sharing this video. After watching this video, I made a hose management system that changed my life with the bleep. I install the hose so that it slightly pulls the bleep so that I no longer have to use a diffuser to reduce the noise since the air escapes from above and does not strike anything. It reduces noise by 75%. I had some noise coming from the swivel, I glued it. The bleep is the only mask that has never leak for me and now as a bonus, it is silent and leaves me free as the air to move during my sleep without any leakage . Best mask ever. :D

Centrum

PS Sorry , I'm unable to add a file . (management hose picture )

MBix

Post by MBix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Sorry if this counts as bringing up an old thread (only a couple months though so don't hurt me!)

I've been having a lot of trouble with faciess from full face masks and nasal masks, so I was looking for a better solution for me, so I was looking at Nasal Pillows / Nasal Cradle masks and now it really comes down to the Bleep Dreamport vs Resmed N30i/P30i. Really it comes down to whether or not I can find the Bleep in Australia, or a half decent price for international shipping. I've looked at a few CPAP Suppliers from over there in the States that will ship internationally but that has me looking at around $50-$75 USD, which makes the price a little expensive considering I'd have to buy supplies of the Dreamport adhesives semi regularly too.

Any help would be great!

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 am

I imported the bleep mask to the UK, I just bought a years supply 24 box’s of Dreamports and one Dreamway connector they come in a fairly large box so shipping was fairly high but a one-off cost, it not a cheap solution when your paying out of pocket but I’ve just bough my second year supplies of dream ports, still on the first Dreamway. I love the bleep no mask movement leaks. I have a Resmed P10 as a backup I tend to use if I have a cold.

MBix

Post by MBix » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 am
I imported the bleep mask to the UK, I just bought a years supply 24 box’s of Dreamports and one Dreamway connector they come in a fairly large box so shipping was fairly high but a one-off cost, it not a cheap solution when your paying out of pocket but I’ve just bough my second year supplies of dream ports, still on the first Dreamway. I love the bleep no mask movement leaks. I have a Resmed P10 as a backup I tend to use if I have a cold.
Thanks for the reply! Probably the best idea to do the same. I'm going to order the smallest amount possible of the Dreamports though to start off so I can test the adhesive. Everything else looks great, just worried about my skin after having some not so fun redness lately!