Poll: Are you happy with your current supplier? VOTE Please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Poll: Are you happy with your current med equip supplier?

Yes
53%
No
32%
Ready to try a new one
16%

Total votes: 304

Sleep4aHealthyLife

Poll: Are you happy with your current supplier? VOTE Please

Post by Sleep4aHealthyLife » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes, it's true. I am delighted with my medical equipment company!

Let me ask you, how many of you (like me) have had issues with getting the "little things you need" from your medical equipment company?!? I know that any time I needed something (even something as simple as a nasal pillow), it seems like an act of Congress to get it!!

Well, I found a company that I get my supplies from now that has truly answered my prayers. Allstate Medical! I get my stuff on time in the mail and don't have to hassle with all of the craziness of getting the run around. They call me when I am able to get more supplies and I don't even have to remember what supplies I have because they have it in their computer. They carry all the latest brands like Respironics and ResMed and Fisher & Paykel ... trust me, I've been on them myself (Respironics Comfort Gel mask, Resmed Liberty, Fisher & Paykel Full Face, etc, etc.) I guess you could say I'm a little high maintenance.

Anyway, I figure we always talk about it when someone doesn't do their job, so I figured I would mention it when this company has done theirs. If you need new supplies, call them!!! It's the best thing you could do!

I am so happy I called and I am sure you will be too!

Allstate Medical
(877) 497-2171
info@allstatemed.com
(Tell them Mike sent you, maybe you'll get a referral discount or something)
Resting Well,

Sleep4aHealthyLife

mulezicman

Re: Poll: Are you happy with your current supplier? VOTE Please

Post by mulezicman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 pm

So far so good.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Sounds like Mike works for Allstate Medical.....Just joined today and immediately publishes a testimonial .

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Sleep4aHealthyLife wrote: Well, I found a company that I get my supplies from now that has truly answered my prayers. Allstate Medical! I get my stuff on time in the mail and don't have to hassle with all of the craziness of getting the run around. They call me when I am able to get more supplies and I don't even have to remember what supplies I have because they have it in their computer.
UMMM--

I have dealt with several DME providers, and they ALL call customers to remind them of their need for supplies and permission to send them. That is, unless they automatically send the things out at 6 month intervals, whether they are right or not. They keep this information in their computers and call because--IMHO, mind you--it is for their continuing profit that these supplies are sent, charged to our insurance companies and co-payments are billed to us.

I credit this to the somewhat generous schedule for replacement of some of the equipment and supplies that some of us have. That is, unless you may have a ResMed Liberty mask, in which case the ResMed company seems to have perfected the length of a product. Mine broke the day after a year (the soonest recommended replacement time) was up for my mask.

Of course, it was also one day past a year that my ComfortLite II broke as well...so maybe Respironics has that down, too! (OR, maybe I am psychologically sabotaging my masks...but I don't think so.)

I should like to think that this thread was inspired by over-enthusiasm on the part of one of our Forum Folk; but the initial post definitely does have the ring of an advertisement, doesn't it?

Karen,
Who would like a FAIR DME provider

Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

AuntieNae

Post by AuntieNae » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Ring of advertisement to me .. since they are a new user ..
S8 AutoSet II with H4i Humid, reader + software
M Series Auto w Aflex with HH, reader + software
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with HH, reader + software
Mirage Liberty Full Face with Nasal Pillows and Head Gear
Pursleep, Pad A Cheeks~ :)
Started 9/12/08

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Yep, it seems pretty obvious, doesn't it. That being said tho, since we have this poll going that he started.

I was started w/a shoddy local DME supplier but was fortunate to switch to another. I now use the Saginaw office of Sheldon Medical Supply, they cover maybe 2/3 of Michigan. They have been great about both my 02 and my CPAP supplies. They were really great about trying masks until I found THE RIGHT one for me. I've had absolutely NO PROBLEMS w/them and everyone is friendly, courteous and helpful. I only wish that my/their RT were more well-versed, or at the very least more interested, in the new Resmed devices. Altho they deliver, and some items they mail, an added bonus is that they are not that far from my home and are in direct line of my route into town.

There is another local DME supplier in Saginaw, Michigan that I've been quite impressed with. I've met two of their RTs and they KNOW OSA and CPAP therapy, I understand one or both worked at our local hospital's sleep lab at one time, they've been a pleasure to talk to and their patients I've talked to have been very happy w/them plus my sleep lab, our local support group staff and another sleep doctor all speak highly of them as well, Superior Home HealthCare.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Yep, that is what the "SPAM" key is for, but I thought maybe I shouldn't delete it since some others had voted and posted.

Maybe if we LEAVE it here, the company will find that it is marked as a less-than-scrupulous DME provider who will actually suffer from the "hidden" advertisement.

This does make me think back to elementary school when fellow students were caught cheating because they didn't paraphrase things properly. Ahh, it is rather an interesting phenomenon...a DME provider who is not smart enough to FULLY disguise the appeal. I must say, the use of a poll IS at least a new one on me.

Karen,
Still searching for an honorable DME provider--and I live fairly close to Slinky...

Click => Free Mammograms

eutychus

Post by eutychus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Slinky wrote:I now use the Saginaw office of Sheldon Medical Supply, they cover maybe 2/3 of Michigan. . . . They were really great about trying masks until I found THE RIGHT one for me. I've had absolutely NO PROBLEMS w/them and everyone is friendly, courteous and helpful.
Amen to that! I've been using Sheldon since I started cpap last spring. They're out in my area once a week and so I've been trying different full-face masks a week at a time. Tim has been super cool about getting me whatever I want to try. I think I've settled on my Quattro now, but I know that if I called him back out he'd come with another one.

"Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead." (Acts 20:9)

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Think they could invade the VA and install some customer service? Or do I need another poll?

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:03 pm

I have dealt with several DME providers, and they ALL call customers to remind them of their need for supplies and permission to send them. That is, unless they automatically send the things out at 6 month intervals, whether they are right or not.
Not ALL! Apria has never called or automatically delivered anything to me. When I do order from them they send the wrong thing and then I have to fight to get the correct item.

Brenda

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I LOVE MY SUPPLIER!!!!

https://www.cpap.com fulfills all my XPAP needs. They do it fast, efficiently, and don't pester me with unwanted sales calls for supplies I neither need nor want.

I say, ditch the Allstate doofuses and go to https://www.cpap.com!

Cheers,
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Nor did Wright & Filippis! Their RT wasn't convinced that we were even eligbile for Medicare paid mask cushions much less that we could even be eligible for them ONCE A MONTH! In the 13 months I was w/them, the only hose I got was the one that came w/my CPAP. When I needed a part for a broken mask they "didn't have one" until I pitched a bit of a fit and their EMT managed to find one in their "miscellaneous parts" box. At least he was pleasant. I had to call Resmed directly to force them to replace a defective device. They wouldn't handle a Recall for me.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:11 pm

bdp522 wrote:
I have dealt with several DME providers, and they ALL call customers to remind them of their need for supplies and permission to send them. That is, unless they automatically send the things out at 6 month intervals, whether they are right or not.
Not ALL! Apria has never called or automatically delivered anything to me. When I do order from them they send the wrong thing and then I have to fight to get the correct item.

Brenda

I am corrected, Brenda! Sorry, I meant "all four DME providers with whom I'd dealt."

However, in the vast majority of cases, maybe that is a GOOD part of having Apria...except when they send you the wrong stuff. Maybe they can send it to you early and then you can fight with them until it is actually time for a replacement to be used? Nah, that would be too efficient for them... and I've only READ about Apria here.

In their defense, there have been a few folks who found Apria in their area to be a good DME provider...but it is sad that it is only a few, isn't it?

Karen

Click => Free Mammograms

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Babette wrote:I LOVE MY SUPPLIER!!!!

https://www.cpap.com fulfills all my XPAP needs. They do it fast, efficiently, and don't pester me with unwanted sales calls for supplies I neither need nor want.

I say, ditch the Allstate doofuses and go to https://www.cpap.com!

Cheers,
Babs
Ditto! Me, too. I use the same one Babs listed......CPAP.COM
I buy what I need and when I need it. They don't pester me and I get the right items because that's what I ordered.
No confusion, no muss, no fuss. And, they have the best prices.

Den.....Noting that if this is going to be an spam/advertising thread, I'm going to get MY 2 cents worth in for my favorite supplier, too.

(And I actually intended to ignore this thread because I saw it for what it was.(

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sleepy Boy

Post by Sleepy Boy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Slinky wrote:Nor did Wright & Filippis! Their RT wasn't convinced that we were even eligbile for Medicare paid mask cushions much less that we could even be eligible for them ONCE A MONTH! In the 13 months I was w/them, the only hose I got was the one that came w/my CPAP. When I needed a part for a broken mask they "didn't have one" until I pitched a bit of a fit and their EMT managed to find one in their "miscellaneous parts" box. At least he was pleasant. I had to call Resmed directly to force them to replace a defective device. They wouldn't handle a Recall for me.
I use Wright & Flippis, they usually get the order mixed up, but always have UPS pick it up & then send me what I need. It depends who I get on the phone, now that I know who to talk to there it should be much better...