SoClean 2: Am I a sucker??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SoClean 2: Am I a sucker??

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm
It does help cool graphics cards doing a lot of processing. It’s why there are fans strapped to the cards! If you make a duct that connects from the AC unit with a fan and point the duct over the cards, you cool the cards more effectively. The goal wasn’t to drop the room temperature... the goal was to more quickly move the heat out of the chips into the air.
Irrelevant in a datacenter.. The goal is to move the heat OUT OF THE ROOM.

Your pc isn't a "computer room".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Palerider, I’m not sure why you need to resort to insults. I’m not going to rise to the bait though.

If you read my links, you’ll see the evidence.

“Bacteria were recovered in 9 of 11 tests from the breathing tubes of CPAP devices fitted with heated humidifiers with water contaminated with Brevundimonas diminuta or Serratia marcescens. Recoverable bacteria ranged from tens to thousands of colony forming units when tested at air flow rates of 60 liters per minute for 90 minutes”

Not sure why you think that evidence is flawed or not applicable.

Also if you’d read the thread closer, you’d see that the bright idea of using fans wasn’t to cool the room, but to use convection to increase heat dissipation across the GPU chips. Which it did quite effectively and cheaply.

Or you could, you know... keep insulting people you don’t agree with.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:01 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 pm
Righteous wrote:
It does help cool graphics cards doing a lot of processing. It’s why there are fans strapped to the cards! If you make a duct that connects from the AC unit with a fan and point the duct over the cards, you cool the cards more effectively. The goal wasn’t to drop the room temperature... the goal was to more quickly move the heat out of the chips into the air.

The goal was to allow a GPU to run at a temperature of below 90c.. not to keep a cool room. We could have added another AC unit yes... but moving the cool air quickly from the AC to the GPU was just as effective at keeping the operating temperature of thr GPU down.. and a lot cheaper

Again with the insults... it wasn’t “my pc”. Have you ever work in a server room with 50+ GPUs running at full blast? I have.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:01 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 pm
Righteous wrote:

The goal was to allow a GPU to run at a temperature of below 90c.. not to keep a cool room. We could have added another AC unit yes... but moving the cool air quickly from the AC to the GPU was just as effective at keeping the operating temperature of thr GPU down.. and a lot cheaper

Again with the insults... it wasn’t “my pc”. Have you ever work in a server room with 50+ GPUs running at full blast? I have.
I've worked in server rooms with hundreds of servers running 'full blast'. The type were just one of them pulled of them pulled 24kw power (12 30 amp 240v circuits) and produced 81352 BTU of heat... "GPUs" *lols*.

The last datacenter I worked in had seven air handlers.

In case anybody wonders about that kind of computer: http://shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/ ... front.html

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 pm
Palerider, I’m not sure why you need to resort to insults. I’m not going to rise to the bait though.

“Bacteria were recovered in 9 of 11 tests from the breathing tubes of CPAP devices fitted with heated humidifiers with water contaminated with Brevundimonas diminuta or Serratia marcescens. Recoverable bacteria ranged from tens to thousands of colony forming units when tested at air flow rates of 60 liters per minute for 90 minutes”

Also if you’d read the thread closer, you’d see that the bright idea of using fans wasn’t to cool the room, but to use convection to increase heat dissipation across the GPU chips. Which it did quite effectively and cheaply.

I insult stupid people. You qualify.

You come flouncing in here, pontificating about things you barely understand... yammering along just to be difficult, as far as I can tell...

Read the *studies* about the transference of bacteria in cpaps. Or don't... I don't expect you to be able to learn anything.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 pm
Righteous wrote:

I insult stupid people. You qualify.

Read the *studies* about the transference of bacteria in cpaps. Or don't... I don't expect you to be able to learn anything.
Don’t respond to the evidence directly... just redirect and insult. Bring up irrelevant straw man arguments.

Read this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Your arguments have so many logical falllacies it’s hard to count.

Not sure why I’m bothering to feed the trolls. Hopefully someone else who comes along and reads the posts gets some usefull info in between the ego stroking, etc.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm
a
Don’t respond to the evidence directly... just redirect and insult. Bring up irrelevant straw man arguments.

Read this...

Not sure why I’m bothering to feed the trolls. Hopefully someone else who comes along and reads the posts gets some usefull info in between the ego stroking, etc.
Welp, there we go, anybody that brings up 'straw man' and other 'logical fallacies' in an argument, is a 'tard.

There's nothing at all useful in any of your posts.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Well how about some actual scientific evidence...

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=e ... xvg0v-9RsJ

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... -1-00003.x

The type of humidifier in a cpap is cool mist or evaporative (it’s warmed, not boiled, so it’s not generating steam). These types of humidifiers do indeed spread bacteria.

There’s lots more evidence I can cite.... no “lay opinion” needed ;)
The first URL above returns 8,990 results. That's hardly a way to cite science.

And, if you look at those results, the first one doesn't seem to apply, and the second one has this conclusion:
Conclusions:
Having a positive culture in the CPAP reservoir does not seem to lead to an increased symptomatology of CRS: although the reservoirs often become colonized, there seems to be no clinical impact.
So, where are you hiding the evidence?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Righteous wrote:

You have been rising faster than White Bread in a French Bakery, but your loafs just keep short of filling the pan. Maybe a recipe needs changing. :lol: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:52 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 pm
Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Well how about some actual scientific evidence...

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=e ... xvg0v-9RsJ

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... -1-00003.x

The type of humidifier in a cpap is cool mist or evaporative (it’s warmed, not boiled, so it’s not generating steam). These types of humidifiers do indeed spread bacteria.

There’s lots more evidence I can cite.... no “lay opinion” needed ;)
The first URL above returns 8,990 results. That's hardly a way to cite science.

And, if you look at those results, the first one doesn't seem to apply, and the second one has this conclusion:
Conclusions:
Having a positive culture in the CPAP reservoir does not seem to lead to an increased symptomatology of CRS: although the reservoirs often become colonized, there seems to be no clinical impact.
So, where are you hiding the evidence?
Sorry the link maybe doesn’t work on your device... posted from a mobile device. Here’s the article directly...
Seems pretty relevant.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2556912

Also your second quote is not from my link.. maybe you got some of the links confused. The second link talks about home humidifiers as a source of endotoxins.

Again, here for clarity. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... -1-00003.x

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 pm
Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm
a

Read this...

Welp, there we go, anybody that brings up 'straw man' and other 'logical fallacies' in an argument, is a 'tard.

There's nothing at all useful in any of your posts.
Logical fallacies mean your arguments don’t make sense.
Feel free to make straw man arguments. I’m guessing this isn’t the first time you’ve been called out on it. Educated readers can decide for themselves. You clearly don’t have any issue with Ad hominem attacks... because you lack the ability to discuss things on a more rational level.

This is my last reply to you unless you want to discuss things rationally, without personal attacks.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm
Logical fallacies mean your arguments don’t make sense. to me.
Fixed THAT for you too.
Righteous wrote:
This is my last reply to you unless you want to discuss things rationally, without personal attacks.
We can all hope that it'll be your last post.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm
Righteous wrote:
Fixed THAT for you too.
I’m sorry I couldn’t resist... so your saying your illogical arguments don’t make sense to me?? Why yes that’s true!! Glad they make sense to you in your bizzzaro illogical world. :lol:

Okay that’s it... really done this time. So long troll... thanks for all the fish.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm
palerider wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 pm
Righteous wrote:
Fixed THAT for you too.
I’m sorry I couldn’t resist... so your saying your illogical arguments don’t make sense to me?? Why yes that’s true!! Glad they make sense to you in your bizzzaro illogical world. :lol:
I'm saying that just because something doesn't make sense in YOUR little world, doesn't mean that it doesn't make perfect sense to people that have more knowledge and experience than you do.

Of course, Other people, no doubt, were able to understand that point.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Freely admit I know nothing about this stuff. After reading all the posts, I am curious. Does anyone really understand all this? Someone is right, someone isn't... doesn't appear to be a case of half right or half wrong.

Mr. Loki... are you around?
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10