ADHD and Sleep Apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: ADHD and Sleep Apnea

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 am

SirGaspAlot wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:15 am
I definitely want to do that now that I see this.
May God bless you for being such good grandparents and help with the healing of your granddaughter.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 am

dreamingofdreaming wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:08 am
Her adenoids were so big, they were completely blocking her nasal passage. After that, no more snoring and she sleeps so much better.
So glad to hear that. In some children, the tonsils (or both tonsils and adenoids) are enlarged and removal resolves SDB.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 am

SirGaspAlot wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 am
Removed, typing on a phone isnt cooperating
instead of removing and reposting, just edit it.... like you did to put 'removed'...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SirGaspAlot

Post by SirGaspAlot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm

LOL, my afterthought as well, thanks.
palerider wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 am
SirGaspAlot wrote:
instead of removing and reposting, just edit it.... like you did to put 'removed'...

"If you always do what youve always done then youll always get what you always got"

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:02 pm

SirGaspAlot wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm
LOL, my afterthought as well, thanks.
palerider wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:15 am
SirGaspAlot wrote:
Only reason I mentioned it is because it's easy to forget "in the heat of the moment" :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

PEF

Post by PEF » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

I can really relate to this discussion also. My husband has often said that I have adult ADHD. I most certainly had it when I was a kid. I always remember having sleep problems, insomnia, nightmares, etc. On top of that, most of what my parents tried to do to help me just made things worse. The orthodontist pulled out at least 4 of my teeth to try to correct my overbite and we know now how that turns out. As an adult, I ran the gambit with the Psychiatric profession who never really helped. They all thought the answer was medications that just made my sleep problems worse. Whenever I told a therapist I thought my problems would get much better if I just could sleep better, all of them insisted that WHEN my anxiety/depression/hyperactivity/"you name it", was resolved, my sleep problems would disappear like magic. Well it NEVER happened.

And through all of this I knew I had terrible problems with sleep - I told everyone that and no one believed that SLEEP BY ITSELF COULD POSSIBLY BE THE ROOT CAUSE.

How do you go back as a early old age adult and try to mitigate some of these issues?
CPAP is a good start!!

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

Very interesting topic.

I'm not sure when I started snoring or showing signs of sleep apnea. Definitely past college, though looking back, I may have had it then, just not picking up on symptoms.

As a child, I did have my adenoids removed. I think I was 5, so I have no idea what symptoms or issues led to that. I did have tubes put in my ears at the same time.

I have always had a narrow airway, trouble swallowing pills, and crowded teeth.

I have always been a picky eater too. Mostly due to texture. For example, I am okay with onion flavor, but not chunks of onion in the food. i will pick them out. And spicy foods are out. Even more so as an adult. Sometimes, I even react to gingerbread cookies (which I like).

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

MistRiver

Post by MistRiver » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for this. I have 2 with ADHD, and one of them has severe behavioral problems and fits a lot of this. Because of reading this I talked to their pediatrician and she agreed to send them for a sleep study.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:50 am

MistRiver wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am
I have 2 with ADHD, and one of them has severe behavioral problems and fits a lot of this. Because of reading this I talked to their pediatrician and she agreed to send them for a sleep study.
Praying for a good resolution.