OT: Watch out: Polls are being dredged up again

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyToo2

OT: Watch out: Polls are being dredged up again

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:50 pm

I have seen a couple of polls where the original date of setting them up was 2005-2006. Be aware that they need to go away, so don't respond!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: OT: Watch out: Polls are being dredged up again

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:04 pm

One poll had been edited by the author to periods--no choices at all, and the monkey voted.
This appears to be worse on the weekends, but I find it hard to believe that a person with issues so crippling could possibly be employed..

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:One poll had been edited by the author to periods--no choices at all, and the monkey voted.
This appears to be worse on the weekends, but I find it hard to believe that a person with issues so crippling could possibly be employed..
Personally, I don't think Poll Lock, could hold down a job, but I bet he's part of the 52 % that voted. He may live in Florida or Chicago, and voted twice.

I here you get a free ego boost with each Poll Vote, znd 50 extra if you vote on all of them. They won't die out because every newbe, needs a ego stroke now and again. Then there's still our unemployable Poll Lock! Jim

I went back in time and edited one of my few polls closed. One small problem solved.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Then again, the monkey could be an angry, bitter conservative.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:25 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Then again, the monkey could be an angry, bitter conservative.
If so they would have a job, at least a part time one. ◆◇◆ Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Can our hosts give someone with an admin role to lock all those old polls?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm

SleepyToo2 wrote:Can our hosts give someone with an admin role to lock all those old polls?
They probably could, in the least they cut off the poll feature in the software.
But change isn't something that is done much here, it's more of a hands off operation. They pay the bills, and I am thankful for their effort, and it does keep Poll Lock from playing in the street, that may help keep my insurance rates down. Jim

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:07 am

SleepyToo2 wrote:I have seen a couple of polls where the original date of setting them up was 2005-2006. Be aware that they need to go away, so don't respond!
Unfortunately, SleepyToo2, I think they are here to stay even if we don't respond. Someone seems to be getting a kick out of bringing them back to life and they show no signs of quitting.

In in my opinion, it is one of the tradeoffs of being able to post on a forum without heavy moderation.

49er

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:40 am

Removing old posts from view is easily accomplished by this workaround:
Sludge wrote:In an attempt to get two birds stoned (bringing an "old" thread to the top, and an option not to view them):

First, don't "Reply" to them. While voting in a poll and replying to the thread will both bring a thread to the top, the thread behaves differently.

Second, change the settings in User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Display Topics from Previous Days > (select) One Day (or 7 will probably work, depending on when the last response was).

Alternatively, the Display can be changed for each session (sign-on) by making these changes at the bottom of the first page.
You Kids Have Fun!!

ems

Post by ems » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm

49er wrote:
SleepyToo2 wrote:I have seen a couple of polls where the original date of setting them up was 2005-2006. Be aware that they need to go away, so don't respond!
Unfortunately, SleepyToo2, I think they are here to stay even if we don't respond. Someone seems to be getting a kick out of bringing them back to life and they show no signs of quitting.

In in my opinion, it is one of the tradeoffs of being able to post on a forum without heavy moderation.

49er

I find the old threads very annoying and before checking the date almost responded several times. It's hard to believe that someone actually gets their kicks this way. Must be one lonely, depressed person.

That said... I agree with 49er.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 pm

If you read them, you might learn somethin'.

I read them when they were "new", you can read them, too.
I don't know who's resurrecting them, but find them interesting......again.

Den

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 pm

In schools, one of the hallmarks of an neglected/abused child is the drive to seek attention--
even negative attention. I have noticed that public school wifi blocks games and social networks;
but I have always been able to connect to cpaptalk. Our spook may be a bored, lonely child or teen;
maybe one who undergoes unspeakable abuse at home. Perhaps we should pray for him/her.
If the computer can be traced to a school, maybe somebody could/should help.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:01 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:In schools, one of the hallmarks of an neglected/abused child is the drive to seek attention--
even negative attention. I have noticed that public school wifi blocks games and social networks;
but I have always been able to connect to cpaptalk. Our spook may be a bored, lonely child or teen;
maybe one who undergoes unspeakable abuse at home. Perhaps we should pray for him/her.
If the computer can be traced to a school, maybe somebody could/should help.
That explains a lot, I hope he doesn't get his WiFi cut off at school, I didn't know they would do that, that explains why they are taking guns to school and shooting classmates and teachers. Jim

Free WiFI, is a Terrible thing to Waste!

rkuntz

Post by rkuntz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am

So what of you're annoyed.

I'm new around here and agree with Wulfman Den. As a Noob IMO there is information addressed in these Polls that is not addressed in the responses to the repetitious questions that I and many other newbees always seem to ask when we first come here.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:25 am

But what about the poll started by secretagentgirl?
She got pissed off and deleted everything except periods.
No content=no information. Please explain that one.