Dot compliance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TropicalDiver

Re: Dot compliance

Post by TropicalDiver » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 am
TD, Did you write what you really meant? I'm sure you know "medically the best thing" is to wear it all the time you are sleeping.
Perhaps you also missed this in my post:

"The best thing for the OP to do:
a) Use the machine every single night - all night. Use the machine for any naps. This helps both medically and establish compliance."
:D
Machine: Aircurve 10 Vauto (Prior S9 VPAP)
Mask: Quattro Air FFM and AirTouch F20 FFM

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:34 pm

TropicalDiver wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 pm
Perhaps you also missed this in my post:

"The best thing for the OP to do:
a) Use the machine every single night - all night. Use the machine for any naps. This helps both medically and establish compliance."
That was good. I didn't like the way you closed out with your personal guess.

christopherdiehl

Post by christopherdiehl » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm kind of confused also by the need of a dot physical and a medical card because I don't need a cdl nor do I have one. I will be driving a pickup truck with a spray hose and tank on it used to spray fertilizer and weed preventative. Don't need a cdl or hazmat license either. Anyway, I've been wearing my cpap religiously and it is getting easier thanks to the new mask. I bought the dreamwear full fade mask and I love it. Highly recommend it. I also bought a contour cpap pillow to sleep on and its helping too. I have the airsence 10 and it's a nice machine. I need to look into the sleepy head software I hear so much about. I have the printout of my sleep study but cant make heads or tails of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

christopherdiehl

Post by christopherdiehl » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:55 pm

So is that true......wearing the mask for 8 hours opposed to 4 hours will get you compliant quicker?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm

christopherdiehl wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:55 pm
So is that true......wearing the mask for 8 hours opposed to 4 hours will get you compliant quicker?

Compliance is based on using the mask every night or what ever your regular sleep period is. Most compliance requirements are a minimum of 4 hours in a 24 hour period. Using the mask more that the minimum number of hours does not make you more compliant. It is highly recommended you use the machine any time you sleep, even when taking naps.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Note, that if your machine says 4.0, it could be rounding up.
Then that night does NOT count.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:39 am

christopherdiehl wrote:

Compliance is not an average number of hours per night. It is PER night. Either you are above 4 hours or you are not.

If you use the machine for 10 hours one night and 3 hours the next night, that will be one night out of two, 50%.

The ONLY way to improve your compliance is to be 100% every night until the previous missed nights drop off the 30 day chart.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 am

christopherdiehl wrote:

No, *nothing* but time will make you compliant.

Whatever the rules are about it, you have to sleep with the machine, that many nights, for that long.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:39 am
christopherdiehl wrote:

The ONLY way to improve your compliance is to be 100% every night until the previous missed nights drop off the 30 day chart.
He may only need to use the CPAP for 21 days until those missed days drop off. christopherdiehl has not stated what his boss wants. DOT complaint 21/30 days or the boss wants 30/30 days.

Important to keep using it after compliance is achieved and I/we recommend 30/30 days for as long as you sleep.
Pugsy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:07 pm
DOT just requires 21 out of 30 consecutive nights or 70% with at least 4 hours per 24 hour reporting period....but your boss is free to establish his own requirements above what the DOT might require if he wishes. He just can't go lower than DOT's minimum requirements.

freetimecreations

Post by freetimecreations » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:03 pm
What machine brand and model do you have?
We should be able to get hours of use for each night off the machine if you have a SD card in it...using available software.
We have not heard from christopherdiehl for 6 days. I want to say, and I'm sure Pugsy knows :) with ResMed Autoset 10 (And I guess :? other machines) with "essentials plus" on and a SD card it does shows the days out of 30 that were used for 4+ hours.

I agree, using available software would be best since CPAP is for his job and filling out his profile.

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

I am a driver I have been on therapy for approximately 14 months I have pretty much always been 100% compliant I am usually around 7 hours a night it’s not hard to stay compliant. It probably took me 6 months before I realized how much better I feel on therapy it’s a pain my goal has been to make my therapy as easy as I can for myself. I don’t sleep in a truck so I have a travel machine I bought and paid for out of my own pocket I leave my main machine at home set up I am only gone 2/3 nights a week alternating weekly. I have a mask for each machine and it is not hard to be compliant and if I’m ever in a crash my data will speak fo itself I don’t miss a night. Any questions don’t be afraid to ask there is so much knowledge here.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:35 pm

freetimecreations wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 pm
We have not heard from christopherdiehl for 6 days.
um, said user posted saturday afternoon....

8)
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

christopherdiehl

Post by christopherdiehl » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:32 am

Yea I've been wearing my mask as much as possible and have hit 4 hours every night for over a week now. It's really hard for me to wear it over the 4 hr mark but I'm sure it will get easier and I understand the compliance now. My boss just wants me to get compliant as soon as possible. I have a couple weeks or I lose my job which is understandable. Whatever the dot wants weather its 21 days or 30 is what he wants. He just needs me in a truck

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 am

Sounds like you might need a new Boss.

I don't blame a company for wanting its employees to be healthy. How are there other standards for employment. I would hope they offer health insurance if they are this committed to stuff like cpap. It sounds like you are fighting your cpap therapy and likely have not yet gotten it to the point where you WANT to use it because you feel so much better. Right now drivers are very hard to get. There has to be more to the story.......
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 am

realshelby wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 am
There has to be more to the story.......
I am thinking this also and so far we only have heard one side of the story.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.