puresleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Not to be confused with PurSleep. This is a boil-and-bite mouthpiece that is supposed to do the same thing as the dental devices. I assume it will be as effective (or less?) than the dental devices.
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:06 pm

are the dental devices effective?

kayfouroh

Post by kayfouroh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Only for certain people with very mild sleep apnea.

Started CPAP therapy: Jan 12, 2008
Replacement CPAP received: Feb 19, 2008

kteague

Puresleep

Post by kteague » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:11 am

Repeated mention of web site address. Testimonial. Mention of terms and conditions. Wow, I bet Puresleep loves you. I'd ask them for a check from their advertising budget.

If it works for people with moderate to severe apnea, I'll be first in line.

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:17 am

It always sends up red flags to me when someone very new starts off with web site info and guests chime in with reviews.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 am

I know my brother got the "dentist version". It cost around $600 but he loves (and his wife) love it. I saw this ad and am trying to investigate to see if their product is also sucessful. My brother said, "It looks 'similar' and for $50-$60 I would give it a shot". I still have not tried but am still curious.

dieselgal

Post by dieselgal » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 am

To me it looks like a boil and bite mouth piece they sell at Walmart that is suppose to eliminate TMJ injuries.

Needsdecaf

Post by Needsdecaf » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:07 pm

dieselgal wrote:It always sends up red flags to me when someone very new starts off with web site info and guests chime in with reviews.
Ditto.

I haven't been here that long, but I'm a long time board user. Smells very spammy to me.

Oh, by the way, the puresleep.com website says it is a cure for snoring, not apnea. The two are not the same. Often caused by the same problems, but not always.

Needsdecaf

Post by Needsdecaf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:26 am

Needsdecaf wrote:
Ditto.

I haven't been here that long, but I'm a long time board user. Smells very spammy to me.

Oh, by the way, the puresleep.com website says it is a cure for snoring, not apnea. The two are not the same. Often caused by the same problems, but not always.
By the way, I just saw a TV commercial for puresleep and on the bottom is states, in small print "Not intended for the treatment of any disease including sleep apnea".

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:06 am

Spam alert bells ringing quite loudly and very clearly here too....

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:21 am

Do you get the feeling that spammers are alive and well?
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:22 am

I had a puresleep customer, mad as he**, contact me last week, claiming that she never received her order and that puresleep had charged her bank account twice, would not return her calls, did not deliver product, etc. She claimed that she has no way to get in touch with the customer support department.

Turns out she was not my customer.

Thank goodness. She had me worried for a minute till it dawned on me that she was a Pure Sleep customer, not mine.

I wished her luck.
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

HojoMojo

Pure Sleep mouthpeice and sleep apnea

Post by HojoMojo » Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 pm

I have the dentist made version. IT is very effective in treating my sleep apnea, but it is not a cure. From what I can see, the Puresleep device is identical to the device made by my dentist. I even plan to buy a Puresleep when my device wears out (they last about a year).

Consider this, however: Puresleep is approved by the FDA for the treatment of SNORING only. If the maker even suggests that it can be used for sleep apnea, and someone dies following that advice, Puresleep is OUT OF BUSINESS. It is not in their best interest to market the device as a sleep apnea treatment, at least not until more testing is done.

Also consider that there are a number of causes for sleep apnea. My device corrects the position of my jaw, as does the Puresleep device. If your sleep apnea is caused by some other problem (there are many causes), then Puresleep or even a dentist made device won't help you.

I fought sleep apnea for most of my military career. If you have it, I hope you find something that helps you. CPAP didn't help me, but my dental device does. Good luck to you!

HJ

howard.johnson@att.net

ezzzz

puresleep

Post by ezzzz » Mon May 26, 2008 8:39 am

I have suffered for years without being able to sleep.
Just last year,after hearing about sleep studies,I had one done.
I have and was being treated for sleep apnea with a cpap machine,which I
have been using for about 6 months. I got some nights where I slept well
only to turn around the next night and not be able to sleep at all. So I was'nt that happy with cpap. Two weeks ago I saw commercial for PureSleep
so I thought I would give it a try. I've had it now for four days and I have to say it's the best choice I've made. I have more energy thru out the day and I've gotten a good nights sleep every night since I had it. So anyone having trouble with the cpap give this a try it may work for you. Its working for me right now although my cpap is still on the night stand just in case.
But if I get through another couple days with more great results the cpap is headed for the closet.

longandwindingroad

puresleep

Post by longandwindingroad » Thu May 29, 2008 3:56 pm

ezzzz,

I have been struggling with the CPAP machine for 6 months. I recently bought a puresleep device and don't know if I'm fitting it properly. I called their customer service and it's no help at all.

1) The device seems to be very big, when I wear it, I cannot close my mouth, this causes me to mouth breath, which leads to try mouth. My upper lip cannot really cover the upper tray of the device.

2) I used the neutral setting when I snapped the upper tray and the lower tray together. After they are attached, I noticed that the 2 trays stacked perfectly aligned from the front. The instruction manaul says to thrust the lower jaw forward while fitting. I don't understand this concept. Because even though I stuck my lower jaw out, but when it's time to place my teeth into the trays, my upper and lower teeth fell naturally into the tray which are aligned. So what is the use of sticking my lower jaw out before fitting? As I was wearing the device, I looked in the mirror and I could see that my lower teeth protude slightly further out than my upper teeth, not by much, so I'm not sure if this device can help expand my airway.

I am so eager to put my CPAP in the closet, but I have to get the Puresleep working first. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.